Well some of you might have seen my burgundy 89 lx on my website. But it got into a wreck last year on feb 6th.
well anywho, for almost 8 months, it was under rest, or to say under rust, it got a lot of new parts as in the hood, bumper, corner lights, bumper lights, bumper brace and everything, including new radiator, condensor.
Due to the severity of the accident, the frame was a lil twisted so the bumper brace wont hold on good and the radiator mought was busted. So they were cut using an electic saw and held on by zip ties.
Along with the new parts, IT was converted to Efi after a long time and by the Jan of 03, it was on the road, just as a test car, it ran but over heated due to a faulty ground. I could not have it in my house (a condo) and township people put a darg tag on it saying i had to move my car. So it was driven back to my uncle's house where it was up on jackstands annoying my uncle and my aunt, well its been there for the last 5 months.
LIke march or so, i started looking for a car, just a shell and came across Chris (Civtek) who lives here in NJ 60 miles south of me. I found hiim, pmed him, in two weeks went to look at his car, gave him his money and said i will pick it up next week. Well, the week pased and so did the other week, So did a month and a half. So early this month, right after i got out of school, I picked up his car, towed it back to my uncle's house.
From that day on, its been raining and totally in two weeks i have worked on the car for almost 3 whole days. so lets talk about what has been done to it
The car was a mess to begin with. Sorry Chris but it was. IT was dirty as my indian ass. Well before i take a shower thats how my butt is, well to the point. So it was stripped to bare metal, every thing in the car, the interiro, or what was left of it. All the stored seats, springs, shocks, things i cant recognize. were all taken out, tow hitch was pulled out and every plastic thin int it was pulled out. engine bay was stripped of its hoses and whatever the carb had to survive.
Once the car was down to bare metal, the hood was removed and bumpers fenders were removed. All the rubber gormet and electicals were taken out too. anyway, last week, the engine bay was given a good load of foamy engine degreaser and power washed good. I was suprised to find the color actually pealing off under the dirt buildup in the engine bay. To be honest, after the drying process, the engine bay looked like shit. The front mount brace was rusted as all get out and the rear one is a lil bit too.
I decided to do something about it, and def fast. Researched about rubberized underbody coat, went to walmart, grabbed 3 cans of it. came back home. Today, i went to my car, sprayed it with all purpose cleaner on the engine bay and wiped it clean. The hood got the same treatment too.
Then two and a half cans of rubberized body coat was applied to the hood (under hood). three hours of drying and it looked fine. In the meantime, my herbie (my89lx) started its stripping state. Everything was taken out off of it. Seems like the car is actually taking its shape and Herbie 2 is being born.
Im gonna take pictures tomorrow of the engine bay. and the interior too. Anyway, pretty soon in the next week, the car will be pretty much done and on the road and off to inspection. But before that, new headers, cat and muffler should be bought.
I will update this thread for people interested pretty soon.