Thread: accord lxi idle problem and start problem

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

accord lxi idle problem and start problem

Hi I am new here i need help please!!I have 1989 accord lxi my car runs very rich.Idle always high and some times goes up and down when I stop the car dosent start after short run but I remove iacv valve plug couple times car starts again.Mechanic coulndt find the problem he only told me that my ecu gives a wrong signal to iacv valve he want me to replace the ecu .It is very expencive and he is not hundered percent sure so I dont want to buy a new one.I have check the ecu signals it does not give any false code acts like every thing is ok.I ve already bougth 2 o2 sensors iavc valve replaced fast idle valve replace trotel body cleaned up fuel filter replaced and still my car is not fixed please help what is wrong with my car I apriciate for any help thank you

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Re: accord lxi idle problem and start problem

my idle goes up and down sometimes too, let me know if you find the problem, lol.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

i let you know tommorrow I have an apointment at 2 with japanese auto mechanic if he finds anything

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Well im not japanese but from what I get you said..

1.its running very rich

2. The IACV is not getting the correct signal.

I would look at both of those areas. The TW sensor sometimes makes the EFI run very rich to the point the car will flood out. Theres some info here if you use the search function.

The IACV has alot to do with the idle. More so than any other sensors that you replaced. Make sure your coolant has been bleed from this sensor as air trapped in it wont make it read correctly.

wp

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord
    Well im not japanese but from what I get you said..

1.its running very rich

2. The IACV is not getting the correct signal.

I would look at both of those areas. The TW sensor sometimes makes the EFI run very rich to the point the car will flood out. Theres some info here if you use the search function.

The IACV has alot to do with the idle. More so than any other sensors that you replaced. Make sure your coolant has been bleed from this sensor as air trapped in it wont make it read correctly.

wp
    Hi first of all thank you for the info.should I check the water flow under the iacv valve?and what is tw sensor? thank you again

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

Hi I went to mechanic today he told me to change twsensor and I replaced it it still the same I fed up with the car almost I give up

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

I guys I ve just find out that when I remove #5 and #15 vacuum lines from vacuum advance unit idle went back to normal do you think should I caped those lines?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

Hi guys I ve just find out that when I remove #5 and #15 vacuum lines from vacuum advance unit my idle went back to normal Do you think should I caped those lines ?

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Those 2 lines control your vacuum advance. sounds like the advance is bad or stuck.

You really need to get a manual for your car. It will go thru alotta this stuff step by step with pictures.

EDIT also I think the MAP sensor does control one of those lines but again the manual may tell you more.

wp
    Last edited by Oldblueaccord; 07-12-2006 at 01:34 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

I changed map sensor also replaced distiributor cap nothing happend I still have the same problem I really dont now what to do next any ideas?

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by sonusa
    I changed map sensor also replaced distiributor cap nothing happend I still have the same problem I really dont now what to do next any ideas?
    Hi,

Did you test your vaccum advance like Oldblueaccord suggested? There's a test procedure in the manual - its the black mushroom thing that's attached to the distributor. I had a similar problem with high idling up and down - I think I fixed it when I replaced the vaccum advance. It was a while ago so I don't remember exactly. I have a 86 lxi - fuel injected.

David

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

I didn t test vacuum advance where I should get the test procedure and thank you for the advice at least i know where I should look next.

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by sonusa
    I didn t test vacuum advance where I should get the test procedure and thank you for the advice at least i know where I should look next.
    sonusa,

I have a shop manual, it's in the manual. You can check the manual at http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html as per the sticky in the main technical forum. It should be there too. You can also use the search to find more information.

David

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

Hi I have checked vacumm advance I think I need to chance it.I have an another discovery today My car didin t start after short run again and I un pluged the sensor which is next to tw sensor one that close to engine and car started.My question is maybe that is the tw sensor it has a white plug. I have replaced One that has a green plug I thougth that was the tw sensor so do you know which one is which ?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lxi

Hi guys after a month I finally fixed my car changing two sensors (TW Sensor and Fan swich sensor )Thanks for the jelp and I think problem was fan swich sensor my car runs normal now nomore crazzy idle