Thread: Wiper switch interchange

DX User

Wiper switch interchange

Hi guys:

Some helpful person in the past managed to snap off the wiper switch arm on my car, which is an '86.

I'm not about to pay the $200 for a new switch, so I've been scouring the junkyards for another. Apparently steering columns and parts for 3rd gen Accords are in high demand.

My first idea was to replace the stalk itself. Well I now know an '88 is different and an '85 is different.

The online parts catalog say '86-87 are the same and '88-89 are the same.

If I want to plug and play, do I have to find an '86-87 switch or do they all plug in and function electrically across all 4 model years despite differences internally?

Thanks....

Tyler
    1986 Accord LX sedan 5spd

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

Re: Wiper switch interchange

There is a how to rebuild your combo switch on here that might help you.I did it to one of mine and it worked fine.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Re: Wiper switch interchange

Quote Originally Posted by TylerW View Post
    Hi guys:

Some helpful person in the past managed to snap off the wiper switch arm on my car, which is an '86.

I'm not about to pay the $200 for a new switch, so I've been scouring the junkyards for another. Apparently steering columns and parts for 3rd gen Accords are in high demand.

My first idea was to replace the stalk itself. Well I now know an '88 is different and an '85 is different.

The online parts catalog say '86-87 are the same and '88-89 are the same.

If I want to plug and play, do I have to find an '86-87 switch or do they all plug in and function electrically across all 4 model years despite differences internally?

Thanks....

Tyler
    The hatch combo switch is different then the 4dr/2dr due to having a rear wiper. It will still plug in and work properly. As for the years, I think the 86 is the only one that had any type of different wiring. I think the combo switch should still work from any year, if I can remember right I put an 88 on my 86 hatch. Look around ebay, I saw one the other day for around $75.00.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)