Well, I'm trying to get started on my brake upgrade this week. I'm putting on the rear Prelude discs, and installing the JDM 86-87 twin piston calipers.
So far on my parts I've got:
Brembo drilled, sloted OEM front rotors (which hopefully won't crack)
eBay Prelude drilled, slotted OEM rear rotors (also hopefully won't crack)
All mounting rear brackets from 2g Prelude Si and e-brake cables
Reman Autozone (Tokico) 2g Prelude calipers
3g Accord JDM twin piston calipers
2g Prelude Si proportioning valve
New rear wheel bearings
Currently waiting on / on order:
EBC Redstuff pads all around
Custom stainless hoses made by local brake shop
Speed bleeder valves
Rebuild kit for JDM calipers
I think that's everything, but it's late and I'm tired...
So anyways, I started doing some manual labor tonight on this project. Got out my favorite rust stripping tool.
After about an hour of cleaning, here's how the caliper brackets looked before and after.
Used some "Ford Red" high temp engine enamel for it. Its the same paint I sprayed my drums with, so I know it's durable, and is the color I like.
Hung the brackets up and sprayed them. Wiped them down with laquer thinner first of course.
So yeah that's all I got done tonight. Much much more to come though. I only had about 2 hours to do this. I spent half my night driving up to pick up my Prelude tranny...
So I still have to:
Rebuild front calipers
Paint front calipers and brackets
Paint rear calipers
Have Prelude e-brake cables extended at welding shop (since I have no welder)
I will be updating this thread with pics as I progress. Just wanted to get some notes up tonight, with a few pics.