Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Another motor mount question

  1. #1
    LX User AC439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Vehicle
    86 LXi
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    289

    Question Another motor mount question

    Since someone brought up motor mount, does anyone know where to get the front mount for the 86 LXi ? Everywhere on the internet quote the non-LXi mount as a fit for LXi. I did try to fit one in but it is thicker/higher than the LXi mount so the passenger side of the engine tilting up. I ended up putting back the old mount so the engine is back to horizontal.



  2. #2
    LX User Shane86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback
    Location
    Fort Walton beach Florida
    Posts
    305

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Quote Originally Posted by AC439 View Post
    Since someone brought up motor mount, does anyone know where to get the front mount for the 86 LXi ? Everywhere on the internet quote the non-LXi mount as a fit for LXi. I did try to fit one in but it is thicker/higher than the LXi mount so the passenger side of the engine tilting up. I ended up putting back the old mount so the engine is back to horizontal.
    I've run into this problem and for many years I was never able to replace the front motor mount Every brand was too tall. I now have the motor mount front rear adapter plates that hold the energy suspension GM transmission mount. A member here makes the motor mount plates Oddball adapters.com and the mounts you can get at almost any AutoZone / Advanced Auto Parts store
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20160709_220316-jpg   -20160709_231647-jpg  

  3. #3
    DX User Hondanewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Vehicle
    1988/ Honda/ Accord LX
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    16

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Gonna have to do this one.

  4. #4
    LX User AC439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Vehicle
    86 LXi
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    289

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Cool ! I like this idea ! It seems like his website is down at the moment though. Do you by any chance have the part number of the GM mount ?

  5. #5
    LX User Shane86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback
    Location
    Fort Walton beach Florida
    Posts
    305

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Quote Originally Posted by AC439 View Post
    Cool ! I like this idea ! It seems like his website is down at the moment though. Do you by any chance have the part number of the GM mount ?
    3.1108r (red) 3.1108g (black)

  6. #6

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,911

    Re: Another motor mount question

    The taller mount uses a different mounting bracket.

    If you get the taller mount, use the engine bracket from a carb engine and it will work.

  7. #7
    LX User AC439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Vehicle
    86 LXi
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    289

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    The taller mount uses a different mounting bracket.

    If you get the taller mount, use the engine bracket from a carb engine and it will work.
    I'm awared of this. I think I'm sticking to Shane's idea.

  8. #8
    LX User AC439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Vehicle
    86 LXi
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    289

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    3.1108r (red) 3.1108g (black)
    thanks much !

  9. #9
    LX User Shane86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback
    Location
    Fort Walton beach Florida
    Posts
    305

    Re: Another motor mount question

    Quote Originally Posted by AC439 View Post
    thanks much !
    No problem anytime

Similar Threads

  1. useing a rear mount to replace your front motor mount
    By Civic Accord Honda in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
  2. motor mount question
    By jjm#1 in forum Classic Honda Community Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 10:35 AM
  3. Motor mount question
    By Tcoop1468 in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 11:43 AM
  4. easy question abt side motor mount
    By POS carb in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
  5. rear motor mount question...
    By SiCReX in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 01:13 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •