PDA

View Full Version : tightwhitelx carbonfiber hood install (pics!!)

MoonScryer
12-01-2002, 11:05 AM
The hood looks DAMN good. We had to use self-tapping screws to get the grille on due to the hood not having any sort of threads for the bolts where the grille goes, but that is cool. For a $450 cf hood, it was a good fit.

Without further crap, here it is...

http://www.moonscryer.org/jermaine_hood1.jpg
http://www.moonscryer.org/jermaine_hood2.jpg
http://www.moonscryer.org/jermaine_hood3.jpg

Yes, I crossposted this in his own thread too. If no one wants this thread open, just close it.

Haolerot
12-01-2002, 11:10 AM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

A20A1
12-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Damn

bobafett
12-01-2002, 11:40 AM
well it looks very nice, but he needs to get some carbon fiber flip up covers PRONTO!!! or at least use vinyl to make them look CF!

but, OMG that looks incredible!

johndej
12-01-2002, 11:42 AM
:bow:

A20A1
12-01-2002, 12:03 PM
I think I saw this done on a civic in an earlier thread....

88LXi68
12-01-2002, 12:12 PM
looks good, but its gonna look better on a BLACK car!! :)

A20A1
12-01-2002, 12:21 PM
CF LIDS:

89AccordGSR
12-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
looks good, but its gonna look better on a BLACK car!! :)

I second that statement

A20A1
12-01-2002, 01:10 PM
this would require less paint... and looks a bit better too.

RobT5580
12-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Looks nice but im not feeling it on white or atleast because it looks out of place with out the light bezel done.

MoonScryer
12-01-2002, 03:30 PM
A20: I like the first idea; keeps the nose long...

guaynabo89
12-01-2002, 03:52 PM
It looks very nice.

This confirms my fears about how it will look on a light colored car. It just doesn't look right without the sheetmetal of the lights in carbon fiber also.

Hey A20A1:

Can you do two more photshops please?

Can you do one with the whole hood white except for the raised scoop part exposed c/f, and one with the sheetmetal of the flip-ups c/f also.:D

iiviasterp
12-01-2002, 04:32 PM
that is just ungodly.....i can not get over how good that looks........i cant wait to get mine.......

Nate2310
12-01-2002, 05:23 PM
personally I don't like it, it might look good on a black car, i would paint it white

n88accordLX-i
12-01-2002, 05:26 PM
sorry but that looks like shit, the 450 could of been spent a better way.... :wtf:

1989 DX R
12-01-2002, 05:39 PM
OMG! I WANT I WANT!

dXsquared
12-01-2002, 06:04 PM
he has LUDE wheels... they are super light... i have some... does any one wanna buy them? i have two new tires on them and two with none!

Travis

Mantis88LX
12-01-2002, 06:11 PM
how much travis

89AccordLvr
12-01-2002, 06:12 PM
nice CF hood but doesnt look right with the white paint job on car IMO

87accordlx
12-01-2002, 06:14 PM
i like it on the white car, i like the contrast

Mantis88LX
12-01-2002, 06:27 PM
notice any thing with the weight reduction? like faster acceleraton, better handling? c'mon let us know

87AccordsterLx
12-01-2002, 06:27 PM
well I think it needs something more to make the finishing touch... either paint the headlight lids black or come up with some design like Mike was going for. Personally I think that it should be painted white only because the purpose was to reduce weight thus it shouldnt matter if people know that your hood is CF or not.

Mantis88LX
12-01-2002, 06:32 PM
i like the look of carbon fiber! :D but it would probably look better on a darker car.

I think once u have more mods it will look better, like lower it or something like that and it will all come to gether :cool:

socal3rdgen
12-01-2002, 07:09 PM
mantis had the right idea. thats what i was thinking. once the car doesnt really look stock anymore (lower, rims) then it will look a lot better. the contrast IMO is for a show type of mod. from far away you will notice it. i didnt even realize that Jon (wickedaccord) had his black untill you get close. it meshes with the darker paint to much. but a black car with carbon firber will be the best IMO

Neuspeed87lx
12-01-2002, 07:19 PM
its different but IMO i dont really like it on a white car...it just looks out of place ...

Mike89Accordcom
12-01-2002, 07:28 PM
It's badass that we have these for our cars now, and props that you did it, but it does not match at all. That's why I won't put one on, they are cool, but would look stupid on a car that wasn't a dark color.

87AccordsterLx
12-01-2002, 07:43 PM
:werd: has anyone weighed the stock and CF yet?

Grant2k
12-01-2002, 08:22 PM
i think it looks bad ass. i like the contrast. it has a JDM kind of look now.

GreenMachine
12-01-2002, 10:17 PM
someone should definetly weight the two ! - i'm curiuos on the weight loss

MoonScryer
12-02-2002, 05:50 AM
There is no way we are going to weigh it; it would mean taking the bloody thing off, and I will not help do that! Don't think tightwhitelx would take it off either. We got that hood on without having to align it first time through.

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 10:14 AM
lets put it this way, that hood is not nearly light enough to give you any noticable acceleration ( cant belive someone asked that :lol )

Grant2k
12-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by n88accordLX-i
( cant belive someone asked that :lol )
i was kind of thinking the same thing.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-02-2002, 10:37 AM
After looking at the pics for about an hour! I came up with this!! Sorry if I repeat anything that has been said already!!! At first it looked strange because we are used to are hoods matching the color of the car!! It's has nothing to do with the fact that the car is white!! I have seen plenty of white cars with C/F Hoods!! Another thing is the Flip up covers!! For those who want Flip up covers!! Keep dreaming! The shop has sold 10 hoods! Why would they make Flip ups? Demand!! And they will supply!! That only goes for the guys who say they want things and never come up with the cash!! Back to the subject! Also the pics were bad!! The car was mostly stock!! I know some suggested to paint the hood white!! Why?? WTF for??? Then how are ppl gonna know it's a C/F Hood!!! And Please Who cares about the weight , Accel , etc!! That car was not a race car!! 99% of the cars here are not race cars!! that 1% who know who are!! No Need to mention names!! also 1% does not mean 1 car!! Just letting the baby hueys of the board know!! I believe our cars have potential!! And what some of u guys have done inspires the rest of us to keep our cars!!! Thanx to all the dudes I have met of the board! yesterday and on the englishtown meet! also thanx to guys I have not met but Have help us all!! To end !! Dude keep the Hood!! Don't paint it! wear it proudly!! And If Somebody tries to make fun of anybody's 3 gee!! Say This!! FUCK YOU!!

socal3rdgen
12-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
After looking at the pics for about an hour! I came up with this!! Sorry if I repeat anything that has been said already!!! At first it looked strange because we are used to are hoods matching the color of the car!! It's has nothing to do with the fact that the car is white!! I have seen plenty of white cars with C/F Hoods!! Another thing is the Flip up covers!! For those who want Flip up covers!! Keep dreaming! The shop has sold 10 hoods! Why would they make Flip ups? Demand!! And they will supply!! That only goes for the guys who say they want things and never come up with the cash!! Back to the subject! Also the pics were bad!! The car was mostly stock!! I know some suggested to paint the hood white!! Why?? WTF for??? Then how are ppl gonna know it's a C/F Hood!!! And Please Who cares about the weight , Accel , etc!! That car was not a race car!! 99% of the cars here are not race cars!! that 1% who know who are!! No Need to mention names!! also 1% does not mean 1 car!! Just letting the baby hueys of the board know!! I believe our cars have potential!! And what some of u guys have done inspires the rest of us to keep our cars!!! Thanx to all the dudes I have met of the board! yesterday and on the englishtown meet! also thanx to guys I have not met but Have help us all!! To end !! Dude keep the Hood!! Don't paint it! wear it proudly!! And If Somebody tries to make fun of anybody's 3 gee!! Say This!! FUCK YOU!!

right you are.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-02-2002, 10:44 AM
:huh: what do u mean by that?

Grant2k
12-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Mat, that was the most profound thing you've ever said.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-02-2002, 10:49 AM
TY Grant!! Woke up with alot of energy today!!

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 11:41 AM
lets put it this way, that hood is not nearly light enough to give you any noticable acceleration ( cant belive someone asked that )

ok can you not read? who ever said anything about acceleration? NO ONE!!!! Secondly, carbon fiber was created for 2 purposes:

1: to reduce weight
2: to not shatter into a million pieces upon impact

for those of you who have no idea what carbon fiber body pieces are you should know that its just strings of fiber woven to create a sturdy structure.

Another thing is the Flip up covers!! For those who want Flip up covers!! Keep dreaming! The shop has sold 10 hoods! Why would they make Flip ups?

no one ever said that they wanted a shop to create flip ups...

I know some suggested to paint the hood white!! Why?? WTF for??? Then how are ppl gonna know it's a C/F Hood!!! And Please Who cares about the weight , Accel , etc!! That car was not a race car!!

ok so if getting a carbon fiber hood was not ment to reduce weight then why the hell would you spend $400 plus dollars just so people would know that you have a carbon fiber hood. Put a freakin $40 CF decal on it shit. This pisses me off so bad.

Everything always has to be for "other people" who the fuck cares what other people think!!!! Shit!!! If you feel that way then you are buying shit for the wrong damn reason!!! USE MATERIALS FOR THE REASON THAT THEY ARE CREATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A20A1
12-02-2002, 11:45 AM
ok here is the hood mostly white

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 11:47 AM
NO shit its not a race car!!! OBVIOUSLY ITS A 87 ACCORD not a NASCAR!!! But why the hell do 90% of us do modifications to our cars? ie. intake, headers, cat back piping, exhaust, cam regrinds etc...??? not becase we think we are driving race cars!!! Its because we want to improve performance... weight vs HP ratio is the freaking formula that is used!!!! A 10,000 pound car with 800HP will not beat a 3,000 pound car with 150hp ....

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 11:48 AM
damn Mike that looks really nice!!!!

socal3rdgen
12-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
NO shit its not a race car!!! OBVIOUSLY ITS A 87 ACCORD not a NASCAR!!! But why the hell do 90% of us do modifications to our cars? ie. intake, headers, cat back piping, exhaust, cam regrinds etc...??? not becase we think we are driving race cars!!! Its because we want to improve performance... weight vs HP ratio is the freaking formula that is used!!!! A 10,000 pound car with 800HP will not beat a 3,000 pound car with 150hp ....

*domestic thinking-i.e. big cars*

what the heavy 800 hp will always win :lol get it right nathan

:stick:

Mantis88LX
12-02-2002, 12:04 PM
lets put it this way, that hood is not nearly light enough to give you any noticable acceleration ( cant belive someone asked that :lol )

yes less weight will help acceleration, probably not just the hood but more weight reduction will. :321:

A20A1
12-02-2002, 12:27 PM
cf lids lights and grill. with tinted corners and painted trim.

pmip
12-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Wow that looks nice.

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 01:28 PM
ok can you not read? who ever said anything about acceleration? NO ONE!!!! Secondly, carbon fiber was created for 2 purposes:

1: to reduce weight
2: to not shatter into a million pieces upon impact

hmmm i remember reading this on the second page mr. rice master

notice any thing with the weight reduction? like faster acceleraton, better handling? c'mon let us know

and whats the big deal about not having it shatter into a million peices, like its really gonna help your ass more than a stock metal hood in a crash...

so stop talking out of your ass and get your nose out of the superstreet magazines.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-02-2002, 01:43 PM
a20 Gewd w0rk on those Pics!! Now 87AccordsterLx as for the C/F flip up covers!!! Plenty of ppl have asked Site if he could ask the shop to make some!! Read the other threads!! THANK YOU

Mantis88LX
12-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Mr. rice? wtf?? were did that come from?
were talking about less weight = better acceleration,

ok then mr. 91 jetta just becasue you think it looks like shit doesnt mean everyone else thinks so. why even post if your gonna say crap like that.

and who cares that i asked if it improved acceleration, this is a forum to ask questions on.

take your self to the 91jetta shit site if your gonna be a ass

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 01:59 PM
a carbon fiber hood will not give you noticeable acceleration, they weight like what? half of a normal hood? if you dump your entire interior then yeah, you should see some improvement, 450$ on a hood is a waste and should be the last thing to buy, 450$ coulda been spent on a P&P Head or other goodies.

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
Mr. rice? wtf?? were did that come from?
were talking about less weight = better acceleration,

ok then mr. 91 jetta just becasue you think it looks like shit doesnt mean everyone else thinks so. why even post if your gonna say crap like that.

and who cares that i asked if it improved acceleration, this is a forum to ask questions on.

take your self to the 91jetta shit site if your gonna be a ass

im already on a 91 jetta shit site, and i wasnt flaming you in the first place, so pull your panties out of your ass crack.

Mantis88LX
12-02-2002, 02:00 PM
k ass :flip: :stupid:

Grant2k
12-02-2002, 02:05 PM
i highly doubt that whatever few pounds difference that hood gives you could possibly be a noticable difference. it would be like the difference between wearing shorts and long pants and claiming wearing shorts won you a race.

and for whoever made the comment about painting it, most of today's race cars have carbon fiber bodies. you wouldn't know it because they are painted. i agree with nathan that is serves a purpose. but personally i think it does look good enough to not paint.

Mantis88LX
12-02-2002, 02:07 PM
, 450$ coulda been spent on a P&P Head or other goodies.

true, true

1989 DX R
12-02-2002, 02:34 PM
I still want one.

guaynabo89
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Hey A20A1 thanks for doing those.:)

The main reason anyone with a street car gets a c/f hood is for the looks. Unless you made the whole front end out of c/f I doubt you would notice a difference.

I just received my hood and its pretty nice. Honestly it needs some bodywork on the underside and edges to make it look really nice. I'm painting the underside and the top by the way. I will be leaving some of the c/f exposed though.

That being the main reason why I got the hood in the first place so people could see it. It s kinda nice to have people going:wtf: I didn't know they made c/f hoods for those cars.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Kewl guaynabo!! Post some pics of the progress!! it would be nice to see it on a hatch!!

89AccordNate
12-02-2002, 04:46 PM
I dont like it on a white car. If the car was modded then yes, maybe. If the rest of the car was dropped and it had FRESH paint on everything but the hood then yes. But right now it looks like a complete beater. It needs a new paint job, lowered and some rims that dont look like they just came out of the junkyard. The CF hood would be the last thing I would buy if I would even buy it. It looks like a black hood on a white car..and when the rest of the car looks bad then it makes it look even WORSE!

Not digging it.

Nate.

HostileJava
12-02-2002, 05:18 PM
I think the picture quality may be part of the problem, If the contrast was better on the pic the hood would look alot better. It's just not a good shot of the car I think. Post a pic with less compression and/or higher res.

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 07:30 PM
SUCK IT OK!!!! :flip: lol.. ok so I was in a shitty mood when I posted that but shit... come on guys...

someone said something about CF and why it wouldnt matter if it shattered or not ??? um carbon fiber aplications was not originally intended for automotive aplications... it was first adopted for aviation purposes... the fact that it doesnt shatter and subsequently holds itself together go twards its sheer strenght. Think about steel... if it shattered instead of crumpled then the restence or Inertia would be much less thus the steel would serve no purpose in slowing impact... think also of glass... the treated glass that we use for windsheilds will not shatter either... if you tried to put a hammer through it the glass wqould hold together and slow the hammer to a stop... the non treated glass would let the hammer go thorough and keep on goin...

1. carbon fiber doesnt rust or corrode like steel
2. it weights up to 60% less
3. can be equal in strenght

and it doesnt matter if people know that you have it as a body piece!!!! Stop caring about waht other people think and look at how you think about yourself....!!!!!

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 07:33 PM
it wont help anymore then a stock steel hood but if you are going for weight reduction then it is just as safe....

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 08:18 PM
SUCK IT OK!!!! :flip: lol.. ok so I was in a shitty mood when I posted that but shit... come on guys...

someone said something about CF and why it wouldnt matter if it shattered or not ??? um carbon fiber aplications was not originally intended for automotive aplications... it was first adopted for aviation purposes... the fact that it doesnt shatter and subsequently holds itself together go twards its sheer strenght. Think about steel... if it shattered instead of crumpled then the restence or Inertia would be much less thus the steel would serve no purpose in slowing impact... think also of glass... the treated glass that we use for windsheilds will not shatter either... if you tried to put a hammer through it the glass wqould hold together and slow the hammer to a stop... the non treated glass would let the hammer go thorough and keep on goin...

1. carbon fiber doesnt rust or corrode like steel
2. it weights up to 60% less
3. can be equal in strenght

and it doesnt matter if people know that you have it as a body piece!!!! Stop caring about waht other people think and look at how you think about yourself....!!!!!

doesnt matter if its steel, or carbon fiber, dont tell me it will actually make a difference in a crash, and plus how many peoples hoods actually rust? 1 out of 500,000 maybe?

Neuspeed007
12-02-2002, 08:28 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :omg:

A20A1
12-02-2002, 09:08 PM
The guy already has the hood... and whoever is set on getting one will get one... stop the nonsense. If you don't like it, say so and leave it at that. This is accord pics. not the technical section or performance. If you want to post facts or comments on the performance of CF hoods or other body pannels do it in those threads.

although a cancer free hood is a good thing for appearance :D

87AccordsterLx
12-02-2002, 11:00 PM
:flip: Im done argueing... just had to get that all out.. nothing personal n88accordLX-i......

Chubs87Accord
12-03-2002, 06:38 AM
anyone else notice that nates back???? :lol

nice hood btw

Mantis88LX
12-03-2002, 07:05 AM
:flip: Im done argueing... just had to get that all out.. nothing personal n88accordLX-i......
:werd:

tightwhitelx
12-03-2002, 03:35 PM
well i didnt know that jay made this thread or else i would have posted earlier i just want to say some things. i would like to thank everyone for their comments i liked reading all the input that everyone had also the pics of my hood with different options i was going to orginally leave the cf exposed only on the raised part of our hood but i am not really all into that my car has a 1000 paint job but doenst crank up in the morning i have really been hooking up my engine before the outside so thats why it doesnt look as good as some of you guys would like and for the rim situation i have a set of 95 gsr rims in my garage right now those rims that i have on there are extremely light and i have just been trying to get all the life out of the tires. i mean cmon when i bought that hood i thought that was going to be the only buy so i mean 435 shipped to your door i mean who could say no to that. but not to make this a long ass reply just wanted to say thanks to everyone especially jay for coming down and taking pics for everyone and especially for hooking it up with me

MoonScryer
12-03-2002, 06:03 PM
..........and you are welcome.

As to everyone else? Yes, they are compressed to hell, and no, I won't put up one that isn't. I don't have the large original I thought I did, and my digicam's batter is without it's charger; disappeared when I moved :mad:

so :D

HondaSi88
12-03-2002, 06:26 PM
nice hood! i must be broke and cheap because that is alot for a hood!

Grant2k
12-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by HondaSi88
nice hood! i must be broke and cheap because that is alot for a hood!
i agree, but if i had it, i the money i'd be sporting one of those hoods too.