PDA

View Full Version : Starts stalls after 1 sec. HELP?

lucytripping
05-07-2014, 06:04 AM
So did vac line removal and got her running nice for several hours. But now when i start it, it stalls,... only way to prevent is hold gas down but even that doesn't always work.... i started it once and immediately put in first and drove.
Car would not increase speed, was in first gear. 20 miles an hour rpms at 2k...

After a quarter mile stalled...
Unplugged my ecu started reved it and drove it immediately.... same thing real slow no matter what, until engine was fully warm then speed increased... and only had trouble staying running when stopped

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Tapatalk

Dr_Snooz
05-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Is this still that carb you rebuilt?

lucytripping
05-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Yes, but it ran well with it before i changed the headgasket.... well other then over heating haha....

And ive got another carb the junk yard gonna rebuild once I'm off work, do you think i can use gaskets from the other one? It was rebuilt about 6weeks ago but its only been driven a total of 14 miles since. If not i already order the kit but if i can get by without I'd be great. Finances are way limited,

2oodoor
05-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Two things come to mind first, carb was inverted upside down which should never be done and the throttle linkage and or actual throttle plates are not free to move because of carb gasket or something under carb.
Check elect connections to distributor too.

lucytripping
05-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Why is it bad flip upside down?
I've read that on here before but was unable to find out why.

Anyways i staryed tear down today and my secondary venturi fell out?
Is the secondary supposed to have a needle seated all the way thru like the primary?

2oodoor
05-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Why is it bad flip upside down?
I've read that on here before but was unable to find out why.

Anyways i staryed tear down today and my secondary venturi fell out?
Is the secondary supposed to have a needle seated all the way thru like the primary?

Make sure you count the turns on that screw and put it back the same amount.

If you had a sealed aquarium with even the best filtration system, would you turn it upside down? What would happen to the water, what about the poor fish getting crap in there gills..
Also gas gets where it shouldnt go like behind on (where it isnt supposed to be) the accel pump diaphragm, which would colapse it.

2oodoor
05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Very poor analogy I know but the point is it stirs up trouble and can screw up the float needle.

Dr_Snooz
05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes, but it ran well with it before i changed the headgasket....

:rly: I seem to recall a steady stream of runnability issue threads since you did the rebuild.

lucytripping
05-09-2014, 11:33 PM
:rly: I seem to recall a steady stream of runnability issue threads since you did the rebuild.

Hah, overheating was before rebuild.. i did rebuild trying to stop excessively high idol. Possible cause for engine overheating, i don't think smart when it comes to trouble shooting... rather then looking into most likely possibility, i tend to choose the cheaper or easier ones haha ):