PDA

View Full Version : auto to lude manual tranny swap

maka_RTH
12-01-2002, 07:53 PM
the fourth gear on my auto tranny doesn't work(bought the car for $500 that way), and so i wanted to see how much it would cost to swap in the carbed lude tranny(2nd gen, correct?) and any parts that i would need not listed in the how to. any help would be appreciated, thanks

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 08:10 AM
You want to swap a Si lude tranny, unless you want to take the tranny apart and change the diff. Its the same as swapping an accord 5speed in so take a look in the faq for that. Parts are going to come from a junkyard so prices can vary widly.

andy

bobafett
12-02-2002, 08:32 AM
you are saying the SI lude tranny is teh same as the LX-i?

so if I were to get a tranny, i would want to look for a TEG tranny, or is the LX-i tranny the same as those as well?

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 09:27 AM
I don't have the info for the ratios off hand. I believe that the Si lude tranny has slightly sportier gears then the LX-i, but its not by much. The 84-5 carbed lude has a lower 1st 2nd 3rd and a bit more final drive, but the axles from a 3rd gen wont fit its diff. The diff is interchangable with a 3rd gen diff, but thats a bit of work. The teg tranny has to have an accord bell houseing fitted to it in order to make things work. Thats just as much work as moding a 85 lude tranny (have to take the whole thing apart), but the gears are much closer and the final drive is bigger still.

andy