PDA

View Full Version : ***89 Accord SE-i***

89AccordLXI666
12-02-2002, 09:00 AM
Qiuck question??? I found 2, 89 Honda Accord SE-i's and I know one of them are automatic.... now I was just wondering if the 89 Accord SE-i's come with 5 speed standard transmition??? I am going to buy one of the SE-i's but was wondering if the SE-i's come with a standard tranny??? Please help me... Thanks.. Lataz :bow:

offthahook
12-02-2002, 10:38 AM
They made 5 speeds and AT's in 89 Se-i's. In 91, they went to AT only on the SE.

AccordEpicenter
12-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Yeah they have them, harder to find tho, the auto is more common.

89AccordLXI666
12-02-2002, 08:09 PM
:D Aight thanks guy's 4 your help..... I can't wait to get one of the 2 89 Accord Se-i's they are great models of the 89 Accords from what I heard, but still like the other Accord Models just the same. Wish me luck people. Lataz ;)

Coroncho80
12-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Go for the stick dude! If you don't know how to drive stick, buy it and then learn............. :smokin:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-04-2002, 05:45 PM
FACK STICK!! AT IS THAT SHYT!!

87DXHatch
12-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Have you ever driven a stick?! I drive an AT prelude ('85) and my brothers 88 prelude MT kicks the CRAP out of it as far as fun factor and speed.

I drove a 97 Prelude Type SH too, and that wouldn't have been have as much fun to drive it it had been AT.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
Have you ever driven a stick?! I drive an AT prelude ('85) and my brothers 88 prelude MT kicks the CRAP out of it as far as fun factor and speed.

I drove a 97 Prelude Type SH too, and that wouldn't have been have as much fun to drive it it had been AT.

I highly doubt that both cars are equal in specs!! That's why! as for the Accord!! iF u take an 89 MT and 89 AT SEI !! They are both the same!! 120hp 122 tq... So the MT has a fifth gear!! They still both top out about the same!! Stock Accords don't go 130MPH MT or AT! Sorry!!!Now the fun factor is something diffrent!! I will agree with that part of the subject!! But anything else Goes out the window!!

87DXHatch
12-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Dude, you're flat out wrong. Race an 89 SEi Manual Vs. an 89 SEi Auto, and the manual will eat it alive. Sure, max speed they will be equivical (not exact). Not to mention the fuel economy savings with the MT, the ability to jump it without using jumper cables, and the otherwise cool-ness of MT and MT wins. If you can't drive a stick :P then that's your problem.

Elijah
12-04-2002, 08:31 PM
I drive at and iam going to mt.Trust me get the stick much more fun.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-04-2002, 08:41 PM
U REALLY THINK SO!! both @ 122 hp!! From Life expirence I beg to differ!! What can really be the diffrence between an 89 sei MT or 89 SEI AT ..... not much!! and as for me not knowing how drive a MT!! U don't know me!! So don't ASS ume!! I prefer the confort of not having to shift living in such a crowded city Country Boy!! As as for me racing!! I don't race my stock car!! I don't stand a chance !! nobody races stock cars where I live!! Unless there just joking around!!! I have many seen many AT beat manuals in my day!! Shit my sister's Altima AT
can beat most stick Hondas!! At the Nov 3 meet!! I saw tons of AT beat Tons of MT fucking cars!!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Elijah
I drive at and iam going to mt.Trust me get the stick much more fun.

Dude we're not talking about the fun factor !!! We talking about actual performance!! I know u young bucks like shifting left and right!! But as for stick always beating At ur dead wrong!! Dats like saying a dx stick can beat an at Lx-i..98hp stock..probably 80hp @ the wheels!! 122hp stock probably 100hp @ the wheels..and headers don't ad that much hp as some of u dickheads think!! i saw an 93 civic go from a whooping 83hp @ the wheels stock to a powerful 95hp @ the wheels after a header & exaust upgrade.

xaccordx89x
12-04-2002, 09:10 PM
altimas are not weak at all. compare to honda, if i remember right most accords are single cam....altimas are dbl...a 93 altima is pushing 150 hp and a 93 accord is pushing like 130 or something.....but from what your saying ur comparing separate cars. if you put 2 of the same cars together, one manual, one auto. most likely if the person knows how to drive a manual...they will win, no doubt.

89AccordLXI666
12-05-2002, 05:59 AM
I don't really care if it's auto or Manual Transmition, cuz I know how to drive both, I just would preferr stick because if you put an aftermarket exhaust system, it sounds a little louder and it sounds right when it has to shift gears.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Also theres no skill in an automatic if your racing. You just pess the gas pedal to ground an watch the guy next to u. Well if you want to try to be cool an act like your shifting you can do the d1, d2, d3 shift to act like you have a stick but alltogether a stick is more fun to drive. An when you have an exhaust on a auto it sounds funny.

89AccordLXI666
12-05-2002, 08:54 AM
Scotts88WhiteLX-i
Your absolutly right about the exhaust sounding funny in an auto, cuz I had an 89 Accord LXI sedan and I put a brospeed Exhaust system on it, and it sounded funny cuz the car was an auto and not stick, you don't get the good shifting sound that u would get if it was a manual transmintion, so it sounded weird with an auto, thats why I Preferr MT instead of AT, but oh well, doesn't bother me too much but it does a lil bit... Lataz

Coroncho80
12-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Dude we're not talking about the fun factor !!! We talking about actual performance!! I know u young bucks like shifting left and right!! But as for stick always beating At ur dead wrong!! Dats like saying a dx stick can beat an at Lx-i..98hp stock..probably 80hp @ the wheels!! 122hp stock probably 100hp @ the wheels..and headers don't ad that much hp as some of u dickheads think!! i saw an 93 civic go from a whooping 83hp @ the wheels stock to a powerful 95hp @ the wheels after a header & exaust upgrade.

"Dude" you're obviously jealous that you don't have a stick :D

I think there is no question that a Sei stick will beat a Sei auto. It's true they both have the same HP and Torque, but with the stick you can pick up speed faster than with the automatic. For example, If I can get to 60 mph in 7 sec with a stick and you can get to 60 mph in 8.5 sec, I will have a lead of 1.5 second and if the person driving the stick knows how to drive it, I don't think the automatic will catch up! There is no science to drive an automatic but with the stick you can pick up and take off faster than the auto. Am I right or what? If you still want to argue your point, I'll meet you at the next Englishtowm meet! I will dust your ass so bad, that you will beg me not to post it here on the board! J/K "dude"! :lol

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
Also theres no skill in an automatic if your racing. You just pess the gas pedal to ground an watch the guy next to u. Well if you want to try to be cool an act like your shifting you can do the d1, d2, d3 shift to act like you have a stick but alltogether a stick is more fun to drive. An when you have an exhaust on a auto it sounds funny.
ok # 1 I don't race to be kewl!I race for money!!! Unlike urself!! I don't play kid games!!! Enuff with u!! Coronch!! No way in hell ur sei Goes 0-60 in 7 secs!!! Get off the crack!! Please Get off!! And I will put my money where my mouth is! Next Meet!! Be it The Va Meet Or Noreastern meet!! I will race if u want or any other stick frendly guy out there who is man enough to do it!! Only 1 catch!! when U lose u pay!! and if u don't i'll Gladly take ur Title!! Wow coroncho u have a short memory!! All those Imports losing were all stick!!!all of the domestics were AT!!! But stick is faster!! But stick was losing!!!Go figure!!! Hopefully englishtown!! I can always go with my team! In case u fools don't wanna pay up!! Gonna have bash some heads in! Have a Nice Day!

Coroncho80
12-05-2002, 02:53 PM
ok # 1 I don't race to be kewl!I race for money!!! Unlike urself!! I don't play kid games!!! Enuff with u!! Coronch!! No way in hell ur sei Goes 0-60 in 7 secs!!! Get off the crack!! Please Get off!! And I will put my money where my mouth is! Next Meet!! Be it The Va Meet Or Noreastern meet!! I will race if u want or any other stick frendly guy out there who is man enough to do it!! Only 1 catch!! when U lose u pay!! and if u don't i'll Gladly take ur Title!! Wow coroncho u have a short memory!! All those Imports losing were all stick!!!all of the domestics were AT!!! But stick is faster!! But stick was losing!!!Go figure!!! Hopefully englishtown!! I can always go with my team! In case u fools don't wanna pay up!! Gonna have bash some heads in! Have a Nice Day!

:lol You are a funny character Mike. First, I did not say that my car does 0-60 in 7 sec. that was just an example. I don't have turbo or any major mods in my car right now but I know I can take you! :flip: and when I do, make sure you put some crazy glue on you windshield so it doesn't fly off or something........ :lol

Second, Just because you have a stick doesn't mean you're automatically gonna win. The engine is a huge factor and the driver too. You said something about the domestics beating the imports at the Englishtowm track. Well, let me just tell you that it wasn't because they all had automatics............ :tongue:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-05-2002, 02:56 PM
95% of domestics racing where all AT!! So is that a yes?? Money or Title!!

87DXHatch
12-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Please... stop yelling. You make my eyes hurt. One "!" is more than enough to emphasize your point, let alone 3, let alone doing it at the end of EVERY SENTENCE! (see, one makes it known that I was serious).

Automatic = easy, relaxing, brainless "driving"
Manual = fun, fast, real driving

I wish I could have gotten my SEi in Manual, but I didn't... but I'm fine with that, I really don't care THAT much. I especially don't care enough to rant and rave about it.

Relaaaaaaaaaax :flash: :wave:

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-05-2002, 04:14 PM

Its ok to be jealous that you don't have a stick...I was in the same denial about a year ago when i had my 94 mustang auto... Everybody told me stick was better but i didn't want to belive em cause i told em auto's were better even though in the back of my mind i wanted a stick.. Now that i got a stick i know that they are way better then autos... its ok he knows the autos were winning cause all they do is put the petal to the floor an hope they get off the line fast or there fucked oh yea an they hope that the guy misses his shift's or gets a bad jump off the line.... Sound like real talent to me holdin the gas pedal an hoping you win!!!! Wow how exciting!!!! An if you lose the race you know its your cars fault cause you did your job by holding the pedal down.

89AccordLXI666
12-05-2002, 08:31 PM
(Quote) Its ok to be jealous that you don't have a stick...I was in the same denial about a year ago when i had my 94 mustang auto... Everybody told me stick was better but i didn't want to belive em cause i told em auto's were better even though in the back of my mind i wanted a stick.. Now that i got a stick i know that they are way better then autos... its ok he knows the autos were winning cause all they do is put the petal to the floor an hope they get off the line fast or there fucked oh yea an they hope that the guy misses his shift's or gets a bad jump off the line.... Sound like real talent to me holdin the gas pedal an hoping you win!!!! Wow how exciting!!!! An if you lose the race you know its your cars fault cause you did your job by holding the pedal down.

LOL... :lol about it being the car's fault for not winning... That is true, but in a way, it's also the drivers fault, because I've raced with an auto plenty of times, and have won, and yes sometimes u can lose with an auto cuz the timing is just bad sometimes, shifting wise, cuz with an auto u just gotta put the pedal 2 the metal and pray your gonna win, and sometimes it just has bad shifting times, or u just have a bad start, but it also depends on the engine itself... Lataz:wave:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-05-2002, 09:03 PM
I guess this is done!! 3 reply's but nobody willing to put up some money or titles!! Stick Pussies!!!

87accordlxi
12-05-2002, 09:09 PM
automatics send power thru a torque converter, which saps power compared to a manual, which does not have a TC. also, most high-power domestic drag cars are automatic (usually a two-speed tranny built to handle the torque of a modified V8) simply because they are so fast that 1) they can afford to waste a small percentage of hp thru a TC, and 2) the race is so quick and an automatic can shift quicker and more safely than a driver.

so, in high-power engines, an automatic tranny is more competitive with manuals. BUT...in our small, low torque engines that have their peak horsepower at the high rpm range, a manual transmission makes the best, most efficient use of the power available. that said, an 89 SEi maunal has a slight competitive advantage compared to an identical SEi automatic

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-05-2002, 09:29 PM
[b][color=royalblue] well put sir!! My whole point was that two dead even cars ( SEI mt ot SEI AT ) Not much diffrence in power and an AT can win at any time@!! But the stick guys away swear that stick can't be beat!! Thanx Joe for clarifing it more for myself and the others!! color]

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
manual transmission makes the best, most efficient use of the power available. that said, an 89 SEi maunal has a slight competitive advantage compared to an identical SEi automatic
Reatard read it says the manual has the atvantage slightly over the auto :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :bow: STICK in other words it can beat the auto. An i never said a stick can't be beat cause you can mess up on shiftin in a stick so it can be beat by driver error.

xaccordx89x
12-05-2002, 11:42 PM
thats true..but with stick you have more control of your speed, if you know how to drive, a stick is cheaper and faster...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
Reatard read it says the manual has the atvantage slightly over the auto :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :bow: STICK in other words it can beat the auto. An i never said a stick can't be beat cause you can mess up on shiftin in a stick so it can be beat by driver error. REATARD?
what's that? U try offend me, but you only end up offending yourself!! slight? Meaning a little more!!! and you wet your panties over that!!Your child!! Don't play with the big boys , cause will get hurt!! So keep racing your MT stock car with your
cousin boyfriend your hick!