PDA

View Full Version : Belt Replacement

eddieengle
05-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Im trying to replace a belt ( i think its the a/c compressor) but i have no idea how to get to it. theres all this crap on top in the way! can a Honda 3geez guru help me out? i have a picture of what seems to be in the way if needed.

Dr_Snooz
05-21-2014, 06:59 PM
You have to remove the stuff on top. Replace all the belts while you have it all apart.

eddieengle
06-18-2014, 03:59 PM
well, it looks like the only thing i need to do (that i can do myself) is just replace the belts. what exactly am i removing from the top? i would like to avoid messing with anything i dont have to i suppose, im a total noob though so i have to be told directly which things need to come out.

gyates93
06-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Loosen the pivot bolt and tensioner bolt for the alternator, and also for the power steering pump. Remove those two belts. Same for the AC compressor. These components are tensioned by rotating away from the engine and pushing the pulley into the belt to tighten it, the component pivots on one bolt and the other bolt locks it in when it's set. Once you get all the other belts off, replace the AC belt and then all the other ones in reverse order. There's no complex belt routing or spring loaded tensioner on this car.

eddieengle
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
PERFECT you are the best, highly appreciated!

gyates93
06-19-2014, 06:41 AM
Make sure to tension the belts properly, they should deflect about a quarter inch when you push on them with 22lbs force. I just estimate this. You don't want them too tight because you'll ruin the bearings in your alternator or water pump, and if they're too loose the system won't function correctly.