PDA

View Full Version : i should sell it

89accordboi
12-02-2002, 03:05 PM
man if i knew i couldn't get an intake and stuff before i got and LX i never would have bought it... Carbed cars limit urself to so much it blows, im kinda mad and im thniking about looking for an LXi or a VW golf to buy... then i'll sell mine for like $2200 or something, it looks nice but its carbed... i dont know what to do :crying:

n88accordLX-i
12-02-2002, 03:25 PM
get an A2 Golf 16v(86-92) plenty of aftermarket support

89accordboi
12-02-2002, 03:26 PM
whats the A2 mean? yeah im planning on getting an 89-91 golf... i just need to find one and sell my car before that car sells

bobafett
12-02-2002, 03:29 PM
umm, the real fast preludes that use this engine are all carbed. if you do it right, carbed can have a huge advantage... ask around in carb tech, trust me its worth your while if you spend the bucks for the badass webers!

socal3rdgen
12-02-2002, 03:30 PM
i dont really think that your intentions on any car mod have anything to do with originality. Let me picture it.

*95 civic LX (he he) big fart can, intake and all the emblems your heart desires. nothing more.*

after reading most of your post i have come to realize that you complain a little too much about your car. just sell it and get somethin thats easy. the main reason a lot of us like this car is because it really hasnt hit the import scene as big as most imports. its barely been touched. this car aint that easy. now that you know that. sell it and get a 4th gen or a cookie cutter civic. its easier and you can get all the bolt-ons your heart desires.

most of you guys should know that im not one to ever be harsh. but you just need to be led in the right direction.

89accordboi
12-02-2002, 03:34 PM
i dunno im just in a bad mood :crying:

staticpat
12-02-2002, 03:52 PM
all old muscle cars are carbed. if you get a weber, or good performance carb you'll have so much more control over your engine. possibilities are endless. just because all the rice rockets nowadays are fi, doesn't mean its better.

89accordboi
12-02-2002, 04:00 PM
i guess right now at this point the main upgrade i want is just a cold air or short ram intake... i just like how it gets loud at high rpms and thats what i want, thats the reason why i really dont want to get a catback and dynomax is cuz its loud all the time, and that just attracts attention from cops and stuff, and my dad would thing im trying to be a "hot rod" and all... my dad is my main motivation not to make my car loud, but if i get an intake i can be loud if i want it to me u know...

AccordEpicenter
12-02-2002, 04:50 PM
Carbs can be better because of the high rpm flow, some early fuel injection systems struggle after 6 grand and lean out but the carb is just getting started. I doubt it was ever a big deal in hondas. If you used a weber carb youd prolly get close to fuel injected performance, with no rev limiter... but ive never driven a weber equipped accord so im not sure...

87accord
12-02-2002, 05:21 PM
hey 89accordboi

Who this the girl in your pic?:confused:

Nate2310
12-02-2002, 08:18 PM
If you get a weber, you can get a cool air intake

89AccordLXI666
12-03-2002, 05:36 AM
Yes u can make a short ram intake system for the carbed Accords... u just need to be a little creative. There are plenty of guy's who have made short ram intakes for the carbed Accords, and I'm pretty sure if you go into the carbed section u will find a thread that shows you how to make one, cuz I've seen one done for the carbed accords, and you just look at the step-by-step instructions and you should manage 2 make 1.... Trust me there's alot of possibilitys with the 3rd gen accords (86-89) it's just a challenge, and you must be creative, some things take more time to make than others but I'm sure you'll be fine, just check out the Carbed Section of the board.... Sorry guy's for the long post, Hope this helps you 89accordboi... Lataz.

Mantis88LX
12-05-2002, 12:14 PM
u can make carbed accords faster than fi accords.

i love my carb :D

A20A1
12-05-2002, 12:44 PM
you may not have aftermarket support but you have all the support of us on this board.

well most of us anyways. :D

87DXHatch
12-05-2002, 12:55 PM
I felt the exact same way after buying my first accord. I thought all 86-89 accords were created equal = awesome :D

And it was nice, but then I found out I could have gotten FI and I was mift. But oh well... I really liked my car a lot lot lot (Except for the days the carb was acting up, :rolleyes: don't get me started) but now I get a shot at a Fi accord, we'll see how I like the difference. :) Good luck

Site
12-05-2002, 04:07 PM
My car is carbed and I love it. I still look forward to driving my car EVERY day. The Weber DCOEs just scream. I love the power increase, too.

Whoever says carbs can't give you power just hasn't given them a fair try. There are a ton of un-tested carburetor modifications and conversions for our cars, too! Be the first on the board to slap a Holley in your 3G, or throw dual Weber DG series carbs in. Pick a goal and go for it.

87DXHatch
12-05-2002, 04:21 PM
Performance carb = no vacuum tubes, tons of power, yay!

Stock carb = vacuum tube jungle, pityful power, boo!

"This game is over" - brainshift

89accordboi
12-05-2002, 07:01 PM
with like a weber will i have a lot better throttle response, will it sound better, and does ANYONE know how much HP it would increase?

AZmike
12-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 89accordboi
with like a weber will i have a lot better throttle response, will it sound better, and does ANYONE know how much HP it would increase?

It seems like every other post of yours is asking about sound. Is there any specific reason why sound is so important to you?