PDA

View Full Version : Run wiires from under the hood to the Dash?

HostileJava
05-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Does any one know the easiest way to run wires from under my hood to my dash? I'd like to wire up a switch for the squirter lights on the front of the car. They are currently wired directly to my side turning dicators so that they come on when i turn my lights on and the left of right blink when the appropriate turning indicator is turning blinking. If your wonder why I decided to put a switch on them read this (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=8375#post8375) thread.

Micah 89LXi
05-16-2002, 07:39 PM
well u could do like me...tho i have an LXi and notsure how the other dash's layouts are but i fashioned mine into that little rectangle switch cover next to where the cruise control is
heres a pic

Micah 89LXi
05-16-2002, 07:43 PM
its super simple to run the wires down from that once u remove the fuse cover thing and there should be a plug underthe dash above the pedals...feel around a bit..this hole goes through the firewall for battery access...i drilled a hole in the plug and ran my wires..all neat and clean...oh btw..once u find that hole dont push on the plug from the inside...try getting it out from the engine compartment side..otherwise u may have to fish it out...hope i helped at all

micah

HostileJava
05-16-2002, 07:47 PM
I think I'm going to mount the switches underneath my steering wheel since that's where I put the switch for my lit up Brake/Gas pedals. If I have trouble or any more questions would you be able to post pics? BTW I have an LX-i also. Thanks for your help.

Micah 89LXi
05-16-2002, 09:54 PM
ill do my best man
:cool:

HostileJava
05-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Found the plug, thanx for your help. I ended up taking the wiper motor off so that I could drill a small hole through the plug and just run two wires. Then I sealed it up with silicone.

Afrosheen
05-21-2002, 09:32 PM
I did this when I ran a hotwire to my amp a year ago. There is that plug in the firewall that makes it easy to run wiring. I just cut a small plus in the plug with an xacto knife and ran the wire through with the help of a coat hanger and some electrical tape.

HostileJava
05-22-2002, 04:49 AM
I guess I should go out and take pictures of the plug and do a small howto on how to run a small group of wires through your firewall.