PDA

View Full Version : performance mods

Low Tek
12-02-2002, 05:38 PM
I am sure this has been covered somewhere in the site.. but I have to ask -

I originally wanted to put the 2nd gen lude head on the stock a20 motor.. but then someone told me that we sould be able to put a b16 intake manifold on our car with some new drilling...

Now my question is, if I do the b16 intake manifold.. can I use the lude head still, or what head can I use for the same effect.. I just don't wanna do a whole motor swap...

I have done some research for the lude head on our car, and I know it fits... but I like the thought of the B16 with it for more A/F mixture...

anyone have any idea's??? let me know... I think they will fit nice, but I want to know for sure..... :huh:

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 07:46 PM
The second gen lude Si (bt/a20a3)head is the same thing you have on the car now. I don't know if the carbed (et/a18a)head would fit the a20 block or not, somthing I've been thinking about looking into. The b16a manifold can be modded to fit the a20a head easily. It wont fit an a18a head. I don't know what you're trying to say about the b16 manifold giveing you more a/f mixture. The b16a manifold has shorter fatter runners which are optimized more for higher rpm power. Its best when you do swap a b16a manifold to take the head off and have it port matched to the new manifold.

andy

Low Tek
12-02-2002, 08:06 PM
whats the difference in the carbed head vs the injection head?

I thought the si head was shaped a little different for more torque

PhydeauX
12-02-2002, 10:48 PM
If you're talking about the carbed vs efi heads on the prelude then you are talking about 2 diferent motors. I've never had a good look at a carbed lude head, but I can tell you that the ports are diferent. If you're talking about an accord then there is no diference between the carb and efi heads.

andy

Low Tek
12-03-2002, 12:25 AM
I was about the accord... and that answered my question.. lol