PDA

View Full Version : What Engine Can Fit Into My 89 Accord Lx Without Having Any Problems...

my88accordlx
12-02-2002, 08:37 PM
WHAT ENGINE CAN FIT INTO MY 89 ACCORD LX WITHOUT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS...LIKE HAVING TO CHANGE THE TRANNY CAUS ERTHE ENGINE DOENT FIT RIHT NTO IT. AN I WANTTO KEEP MY CARB. AND ASO THE MONEY AINT TOO GOOD SO IF POSSIBLE SM CHEAPER IDEAS . THANKZ

A20A1
12-02-2002, 11:36 PM
I think the lack of replies is due to the fact that you could answer your questions by using the search function...

The B20A is the best swap... especialy if you want to keep the stock carb or swap later on to a better carb set-up.

don't expect much power because the stack carb wasn't ment to sit on the B20... or so I suspect.

no swap is cheap... unless you get lucky.

89LXiCoupe
12-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by my88accordlx
WHAT ENGINE CAN FIT INTO MY 89 ACCORD LX WITHOUT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS...LIKE HAVING TO CHANGE THE TRANNY CAUS ERTHE ENGINE DOENT FIT RIHT NTO IT. AN I WANTTO KEEP MY CARB. AND ASO THE MONEY AINT TOO GOOD SO IF POSSIBLE SM CHEAPER IDEAS . THANKZ

Cheap? I'd say stick with the original A20A1. You'll only need a cherry picker and some time on your hands with the assumption that you have the tools.