PDA

View Full Version : Barbecue at my place

Vanilla Sky
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
When looking at the map, I noticed how many people were within just a couple hours of me. That got me thinking that there might be enough people to be down for a cookout at my place. I have amply parking in my yard if your parking skills are good, and possibly paved parking across the street, depending on the day.

My Zip code is 32177 if you want to look it up. You're welcome to bring a tent and camp, or I should be able to get us rooms at a good rate where I used to work, which is a nice hotel where 2ooDoor has stayed a night or two.

Looking for early to mid August. There might be an unveiling of sorts if I get my car-b-que built in time.

2oodoor
06-01-2014, 05:12 AM
I like primative camping WITH electric hookups so I can run fans and lights, No fans in the summer sux sweaty donky nads.
The USA interstate system makes the trip bearable, thanks pres Eisenhower :)

It will take me several weeks to get up any travel cash, I've been buying too many car parts lately for the fleet. Still considering fixing the ac on one of the Honda's.

lostforawhile
06-01-2014, 06:34 AM
If they havent come to get my truck by then, we will head down, I usually camp out in the truck since I have a camper top, but I dont know about august in there, I have crank open windows, so if I can rig a fan with the rear window, it might be ok, I can make some serious friend chicken, I have my own secret recipe, I've even used a cast iron skillet and cooked it on the grill before

Vanilla Sky
06-01-2014, 12:28 PM
I've got electrical, no worries. I even have 220 available if you guys need it.

2oodoor
06-01-2014, 03:32 PM
If they havent come to get my truck by then, we will head down, I usually camp out in the truck since I have a camper top, but I dont know about august in there, I have crank open windows, so if I can rig a fan with the rear window, it might be ok, I can make some serious friend chicken, I have my own secret recipe, I've even used a cast iron skillet and cooked it on the grill before

I think I like friend chicken, does that mean it's free? Free is friendly I like that and free range chicken that are friendl are probably good too! I assume you mean you cooked with a cast iron skillet on like a gas grill with one burner or maybe a weber smokey joe or something the grease won't splatter and catch the nice chicken and friends on fire !!!
Just messing with you typo tim lol.
sounds good

Vanilla Sky
06-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I've done stuff with cast iron on the grill, too. Heat is heat.

2oodoor
06-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Bet Ive done 2344588554322124 times more :/ i was typing in sarcasm font Im surprisd you all don't have that so far in the USA :D
yeah ive done the whole manifold cookin and riding down the hwy with a smoker in the bed of the truck, lit. Burying whole chikens in the ground completley cooked up with taters and onions..hey back in nam...chickins ain't so friendly