PDA

View Full Version : clutch recommendation?

2old_honda
12-03-2002, 01:47 AM
I am going to replace my clutch when I do the teg transmission swap and I need help in deciding in what clutch to buy. I am looking for something that has more "bite" and holding power than the stock clutch. What can I get for <$200?

I was thinking of going with one of these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872862129) Exedy kits. It says that they have 20% more holding power than stock, Is that true? (I doubt it)

What other options do I have? I do not want a centerforce. I have heard more bad things than good about them.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you:)

socal3rdgen
12-03-2002, 09:19 AM
hmm well. ive tryed to answer this one before. have you seen the video of wickedaccord with his gsr motor. so you can imagine how he drives. he used a ACT stage 1 for 4 months. i have used this clutch for 2 and it still kicks major ass. it hooks up a lot better then stck. i have yet to see this thing slip once. yes a new one wil run you about 250 but it is well worth it. put it like this if you read every single post on clutchs. you will find that most types have good replies and bad replies. but ACT only has good ones. i wouldnt recommend anything else.

Midnight
12-03-2002, 10:58 AM
I need a clutch, but dont know where to look wut is act where can i get it and how much should a clutch cost to install. that my reply. :lol

anchovies
12-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Look at the faq for the online stores. Clutch install in a shop is about $300 just for the labor.
I have clutchmaster stage 1 and I like it. Taking off is rather rough, but grips great.