PDA

View Full Version : Hazards shorted system

pajamas95
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I tried turning on my hazards and now the blinkers don't work. Would the problem be a fuse, relay, or something as big as a master switch or control unit? My friend that gave me the car said that the new switch would cost a couple hundred, but that it would just just automatically reset itself after a few days if I let is sit. Anyone else ever had this happen before?

conozo
06-04-2014, 06:17 PM
mine does the same thing but after a minute or two with the hazards off my turn signals work again. I always figured it was the hazard/turn signal relay but never investigated it.

pajamas95
06-05-2014, 09:12 PM
mine does the same thing but after a minute or two with the hazards off my turn signals work again. I always figured it was the hazard/turn signal relay but never investigated it.

Yeah, mine has not worked for a week so I'm going to have my mechanic friend take a look at it.

Dr_Snooz
06-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Let me know what it is when you figure it out. Mine has done that for years.

Decades really.

lostforawhile
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
the turn signals are routed through the hazard switch, move the switch a little and see if your turn signals start working again, you might have to clean up the contacts in the switch

Dr_Snooz
06-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Thanks. I should have checked that when I did the combo switch. The combo switch contacts were gunky enough that it should have clued me in.

pajamas95
06-09-2014, 08:21 AM
the turn signals are routed through the hazard switch, move the switch a little and see if your turn signals start working again, you might have to clean up the contacts in the switch

Should have thought of that...moved the hazards across halfway and the turn signals started working again. Thanks so much, and now I feel really dumb for not thinking of that.

lostforawhile
06-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Should have thought of that...moved the hazards across halfway and the turn signals started working again. Thanks so much, and now I feel really dumb for not thinking of that.

dont feel dumb, if you didnt know how the signals are wired you would never think of that. If you ever need the electrical troubleshooting manual, it's available for free on the three geez wiki, Dr. Snooze took apart a manual and scanned every page