PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump wiring after market....

killerb09
05-17-2002, 03:40 AM
just wondering my fuiel pump is on it's way out and wondering If I picked up an external universal pump thats high flow would I be able to use it???
like would it work as well as my original or would it be just stupid adn i should just go spend the $$$ for a honda one???

rallyeNate
05-17-2002, 12:43 PM
yes, fuel pump are for the most part the same. power, ground, and switch. becareful, some of those external pumps are ment to be use with another pump inside the tank. if use an external pump it could burn out. it would be best to find out more information before buying an aftermarket fuel pump. gluck

gr3k0sLaV
05-18-2002, 08:27 PM
How do u know when your fuel pump is about to go

rallyeNate
05-18-2002, 08:38 PM
the pump starts acting flacky or is louder then normal, just one of those thing. you know, one morning wake and start your car and go "damn i think my fuel pump is going out!" and then when going to leave work it doesnt work. a word to the wise "remember to check the relay before replacing the pump".

killerb09
05-21-2002, 05:29 AM
mine breaks down on the highway sometimes...car will sputer at speed or when climing hills....

basically it will heat up and then stop flowing right.....it came about because of some bad gas adn clogger filters...but works good now up too about 140kmph after theat it is brakeing down.

OldSchoolSwap
05-22-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by killerb09
mine breaks down on the highway sometimes...car will sputer at speed or when climing hills....

Oh boy! That would not be good when mixed with Nitrous! :D