PDA

View Full Version : California laws for tint

jessica89LXI
06-08-2014, 02:53 AM
so like 3 days ago I get my car back from the shop the Honda dealer getting the windows factory can I come home driving around about 3 or 4 days later cop pulled me over tells me it's against the law to have window tinting on my windows I roll my driver's and passenger's side window down he says my back windows can be tuned in and its a Honda he's in a pulled over everyday and every cop wheel the only modifications to my car is a header Cherry Bomb exhaust in cold air intake which is carb legal my feeling jectors are stock intake stock everything stock except for aftermarket exhaust and intake has anybody heard else heard of this bullshit

Dr_Snooz
06-08-2014, 09:52 AM
It's your Cherry Bomb. It's like catnip for cops. They can't resist it and will hassle you endlessly. Put a quiet exhaust on and you'll have a lot less trouble.

Also, do us old farts a favor and try to use correct grammar and punctuation. It will help us a lot.

HLW
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
In CA it is illegal to have less than 80% visible light transmission on the windshield and front windows unless you have a doctor's prescription for it due to medical necessity. If you have bith the driver's side and passenger's side mirrors, the windows behind the driver can be 0% VLT as long as rhe side view mirrors can let the driver see 200 feet behind tthe car. It is in the California Vehicle Code.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jessica89LXI
06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
sorry about that I just talked in a supposed to put everything in I'll try harder and better next time.yeah my car is not really that loud you can really hear it on the freeway my husband was that hit the house and I took off and he couldn't hear it. the cop pulled my sister-in-law over in the car today and told her that she needs to get the August sticker for it because it's faded it has the original blue and yellow plates.so now I just rolled down the driver side and passenger side window and open my sunroof

Dr_Snooz
06-09-2014, 06:35 PM
so now I just rolled down the driver side and passenger side window and open my sunroof

That's what most people here do when they get pulled over.