PDA

View Full Version : recommendations on parts for my bare b16 intake Mani.

D-rockilla
06-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I just picked up a used b16 Mani to swap out on my car. Its an 88 accord coupe lxi. I was wondering if you guys had some recommendations on the parts I'm gonna need for it so I can compile a list. What size injectors? Bang for buck fuel rail? Etc etc. Plus maybe a list of the odds and ends like sensors and things. Thanks for any help and sorry I'm a noob.

Fixedit
01-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Doing the same thing, got a B16 intake, doing obd1 conversion, upgrading exhaust & cam; What all is required to install the intake (besides drilling)? What things need to be hooked up and what can I get rid of

MessyHonda
02-05-2016, 11:47 PM
the b16 mani upgrade works once you have a tunable ecu. OBD1 helps alot. I used a skunk2 b16 manifold with 68mm TB. I also picked up a b series idle control valve. for the fuel rail i also used skunk2. for injectors if you want a bit more performance you should go with 310cc or bigger if you ever want to go turbo.

Fixedit
02-09-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm using a P75 ecu, will that be able control that b16 idle control valve? I was planning on using stock injectors, I've heard for my application they'll be able to supply enough fuel.

Otherwise for the intake I was thinking about plugging any holes. Is this okay for the coolant ports on it? Also instead of figuring out pcv for it I think I'll try and make an oil catch can system

MessyHonda
02-14-2016, 09:01 PM
yeah i used stock injectors on my car with a b16 idle control valve. i just cut the cooling port on the manifold.