PDA

View Full Version : Auto Tranny Probs

jamenjay
12-03-2002, 06:43 PM
ok im lookin at buying anouther 3 gee its 89 exi 2dr body and paint look mint in the pick it has 290 km im in canada eh and it has a blown tranny they say 800 bucks thow emission tested done already my question is if a auto tranny ose would it not work in drive or revirse cause im thinking maby it just needs a CV shaft that would be sweet so if anyone knows please let me know ASAP thanks im going to go look at it this weekend and need to know what i should look for to see if it is worth buying

AccordEpicenter
12-03-2002, 09:13 PM
ive really never seen a shaft go, id bet that it needs selectors. Does the car move at all?

smufguy
12-03-2002, 09:30 PM
ur talking about CV shaft asin the axle shaft from the tranny to the wheels right? they dont make the tranny bad. anywayz, if it has a blown tranny, then the gears are probably messed up or might have a bad torque convertor. anywayz, u notice the bad CV shaft (usually called CV joint) u just hear a hard ticking (almost clicking or knocking) from the joints.

jamenjay
12-03-2002, 10:01 PM
ok this car wont move in gear at least hats what they say im just woundering if maby the cv drive shaft might just be fuged and not the tranny and how i could check cause the car runs mint they say but will not move in gear drive or reverse and i know about the clickin cv boot crap cause i need to do mine in my 89 lx

HostileJava
12-04-2002, 06:57 AM
One of my shaft broke or whatever, The car would go into drive and reverse but wouldn't move and would make a horrible grinding noise when going back into park.

AccordEpicenter
12-04-2002, 10:18 PM
tough to say without seeing it, i did see another 88 lx and the tranny was soo burnt it would barely move in drive or reverse... and it only had like 110k miles and a fresh body