PDA

View Full Version : headlights

86AccordLxi
12-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Has anybody bought these headlights and how good are they?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874056031

They're cheap and I just want to know if they're high quality or not. Thanks.

alex

pmip
12-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I bought those. They are awesome, my only problem is with those "sidemarker" bulbs it came with. They're glass, diamond clear lenses, look great, and were the cheapest I could find (including shipping) that included bulbs. The bulbs themselves aren't the greatest (not PIAA or anything), but still offer great lights output. They did take a while to ship though.

86AccordLxi
12-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Sweet! Thanks! What problems did you have with the sidemarker bulbs?

Alex

pmip
12-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
Sweet! Thanks! What problems did you have with the sidemarker bulbs?

Alex

Well, I don't plan on using the sidemarkers at all, so it really serves no purpose for me. The wires just kind of hang in the way, and I'm worried that they'll rub when the lights flip up and down and eventually pull that bulb out (letting water in). I'll probably put some kind of sealant or something to make it stick in there better, no big deal. But I'm definately happy with the lights.

shepherd79
12-03-2002, 07:59 PM
they are not government approved. i wouldn't even touch it.
plus that day light thing will give you a nightmare for sure. try find some that have no day light thing. this way you will eliminate the chance of getting water inside the headlight.

pmip
12-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
they are not government approved. i wouldn't even touch it.
plus that day light thing will give you a nightmare for sure. try find some that have no day light thing. this way you will eliminate the chance of getting water inside the headlight.

Mine say SAE approved on them. (granted SAE isn't really the government, but who cares.)