PDA

View Full Version : So Many Questions

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 02:46 AM
Ok, see soon im going to get this motor from Nippon motors. When I get it I plan to add some performance parts for it. I know the A20 isnt much of a performer. But, right now is all ive got to work with & it has potential but not much of it. My goal for the motor is to run at least low 15s in the 1/4. But anyway, which should I do first? First, get a CAI, DC Sport, & exhaust Installed(Custom or OPM CAI w/ Skunk2 custom cat-back exhaust from the Random Tech. cat & the DC Sports header. Second, get a complete setup from Gude(I know, ive heard things about them but my boy has it on his Teg and has boy I mean he just burns tires like no other. Give me some opinions on the future of my Accord. If I can find somebody with some JDM lenses & Euro lenses ill probably buy them off you.

pimp86LX
12-04-2002, 02:53 AM
i think you can run 15s with an N/A A20
just get er' breathin real nice and free.

like 2.25" exauhst (mandrel bent makes a difference)

get a nice CAI, and make sure its actually getting cold air. a lot of people just put a cai on and its sitting right beside the engine.duh, lol

uhm what else...its EFI right? I'm not sure about this, but after market injectors are suposda make a big difference

new or reground cam

port 'n polish intake

thats all i can think of

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:06 AM
Heres what I was planning on doing. If i was to get the gude package then my cylinder head will be ported & polished, new camshaft(not gude), & a ported intake manifold.(By the way they have cams for A/T, M/T, E.F.I., & Carbed models) Oh my car is an LXi so i guess i have fuel injection. I was thinking about going with Venom fuel injectors. Heres my setup, CAI, Custom cat-back exhaust, DC Sport headers, Ported head, ported intake manifold, JG cam(hopefully), custom made cam gear, Crane Cams ignition & coil kit-silver, Venom injectors, Denso Iridium Spark Plug, Nology Ignition wires, AEM High Volume Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators - SILVER, AEM fuel filter, & Jet Computer Chip Upgrade. Heres my question, can I run 15s with this setup. Let a racer know.:)

Who was it that was making the billet valve covers? I should be purchasing one from you soon so I can have the polished effect on the headers & valve cover.

2old_honda
12-04-2002, 10:16 AM
you could also run a small shot (30-50) of nitrous :)

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Im not messing with nitrous. My friend went up in flames with it. Lord rest his soul. Since then I have been able to look at a bottle of nitrous right. If i ran Nitrous, wouldnt I need different pistons? If so, I was gonna have SRP custom make some for me.

2old_honda
12-04-2002, 10:22 AM
you could safely run a small shot on the stock engine. you just need to get colder plugs

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:23 AM
& damn it what is an adjustable cam sproket clutch? I know a cam sproket is a cam gear, but not seeing a link with a clutch

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Wouldnt getting new pistons to do the nitrous cause me to make more HP & torque?

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Oh yea & I plan to get the LSD conversion from OPM motorsports.

Site
12-04-2002, 10:30 AM
PhydeauX did a hybrid tranny using 1st Gen Integra gears. He's been very pleased with the results. Check out the How-To on it here: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7387

Doing this increases your final gear ratio, making your car faster. He has twin DCOE carbs, 'Teg hybrid tranny, re-ground cam, blah blah and he's in the 15s, I believe.

89AccordGSR
12-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Hol up, so what your saying is that the 1st Gen Teg gears will work in the 3rd Gens transmission? Thanks man, I might just do that but thats down the way though. Not to mention I plan to get a Clutch Masters Stage 1 kit. Since the gearing & what not has changed does that mean I can get a DC Sport short shifter for a 1st Gen Teg?