PDA

View Full Version : Lights >>ahhh >>>help!!! Seriously!!!

MyGarbageLXi
12-04-2002, 03:36 PM
PLEASEEE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I was putting my RADIO back in aftet pulling it out to do som shit,. nad i put it back in and all MY interior lights went out..over the dash and everything...wat can i do?? thers no broken wirs i checked ..im flippin out ever here!! Dide i just blow a fuse or what??? man this cant hapen now i get my licence in 2 days AHELLLPPPP!! PLEASE!!!!!!

SiR
12-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Like you said check you fuses and relays first, are you using the exsisting power that powered you stock radio or are you using a new power source?

Rooz

Nospeed
12-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Ok...did your dash lights just go out? or did your dash/tail lights go out? you might have blew a fuse, or you could have done other things. you might have crossed wires with the dimmer wire, and that could cause problems also...let us know, and we'll try to help.

Cobraman15
12-04-2002, 07:23 PM
I understand the need to make your car the best it can be, but why dont you wait until you have you're licence to work on it. Our cars go forever so its not going anywhere. Good luck on your test. :)

socal3rdgen
12-04-2002, 07:27 PM
i think he might need to drive his car for his test. i dunno

flamed89
12-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Nospeed
Ok...did your dash lights just go out? or did your dash/tail lights go out? you might have blew a fuse, or you could have done other things. you might have crossed wires with the dimmer wire, and that could cause problems also...let us know, and we'll try to help.

dude trust me don't fuck around with electricals!!!!!
i had a 85 ford tempo in high school,put a radio in it an caught the fucking shitbox on fire!!!!!!
:stupid:
if a fuse is blown its probably blown for a reason. don't put a bigger fuse in and definetly don't bypass the fuse!:werd:
anyway when i got my car back from the dealership they said some of my wires had come untaped and wher shorting out agaist the dash,causing my dash lights to blow out and eventualy causing my headlight switch to burst into flames!(no joke burst into flames) please do yourself a favor and take your time and find this problem before it gets worse!!!!!!

good luck and hope you find this problem:sadwave:

MyGarbageLXi
12-04-2002, 08:28 PM
AHHHH HELP ME!!!! none of this has helped, The plugs arent croseed Just the dash lihgts dont work (guagues etc) tails stil do i believe, must check.. Headlights do for srue, any suggestions???? HELP!!

AccordEpicenter
12-04-2002, 10:29 PM
lemme guess? You installed an aftermarket radio? If you did, this is most likely the problem. On the honda radios there is a wire for the radio illumination to come on with the dash lights, and if you connect that to the aftermarket radio, it always seems to blow out the lighting controller module. Just find out which wire it is, there is a pinout on the old radio, and cut it. The lighting controller itself is mounted on the panel in the drivers side dashboard under the steering column before the pedals that is held on by 4 screws. On the back of that, there is the ding ding you-left-your-freaking-lights-on-you-stoopid-bastard bell and another small box, and that is the lighting controller. Get another and if that doesnt work, get another dashlight dimmer switch.

89LXiCoupe
12-04-2002, 11:21 PM
There's a dimmer switch for the dash lights. Did you check that?

Haolerot
12-04-2002, 11:26 PM
Trust me its a fuse, it happend to me before, its a fuse that contols the dash and the tails....just replace it and it SHOULD work fine

Haolerot
12-04-2002, 11:29 PM
the fuse is a 15blue i think

MyGarbageLXi
12-05-2002, 09:24 AM
okok, fuse cgheck, yeah niether tails work...which fuse is the Interios lights connected to the Right or Left Tial???? Hleppp ..tails dotn work, think brake lights might

MyGarbageLXi
12-05-2002, 11:45 AM
HELPP!!!, LICENCE TOMROW!!!!!

Nospeed
12-05-2002, 11:59 AM
i believe the illumination wire for the lights in the radio is black/red. check to see if this one is connected to your radio or not. also, check the fuses under the hood, and under the dash... also check the illumination controller under the steering column.

Haolerot
12-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Ya brake light should work, but look uder by the fuse box and it should tell you what it is, its Called License lights and Right tailight i think, But besides that, are you takeing drivers license???If so why would you need you light on for the day time?

SiR
12-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Check 14A under your dash.

Rooz

Tim Yoak
12-07-2002, 02:35 PM
check the interior light fuse, it is under the hood. Don't ask why it is. That is why your interior light is out. The taillight fuse is seperate from the brake light fuse. The brake light fuse and the horn are the same. Both under the hood. Also the cigarette lighter is the same as the interior light.

Tim Yoak
12-07-2002, 02:53 PM
Ok, calm down. this is what it is. If you pull out your radio, see if there is a red and blackwire connected to the radio. It will come out of the factory harness. if so, disconnect and tape it off. This is factory illumination. Now this is important, check to see if your tail lights work. If they do, you have damaged the illumination controller under the small panel under the steering column. If your tail lights don't work, then you have blown the fuse that sends current to the running light side of your headlight switch. this will also cause your glovebox lights, and your licience plate illumination to go out, this fuse feeds your illumination controller also, for all of your dash lights

AccordEpicenter
12-07-2002, 09:32 PM
duh, exactly..... look back to page one... thank you tim!