PDA

View Full Version : stupid carbed car!!

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Okay, I give up, why is it that after you drive my 89 3rd gen. carbed lx and go back out to start it after like no time has passed (1-5-10 min). the cold choke kicks on and the stupid thing idles a 2000 rpm and wont kick down for like 5 min. This is the main reason Im upgrading to the B20A turbo and doing the lx to sei conversion. Please help asap. Thanks.

shepherd79
12-04-2002, 04:33 PM
simple answer, because it is a carb.

89AccordNate
12-04-2002, 04:36 PM
UHm, thats because all carbed 3rd gens do that. If you didnt know that much, good luck doing everything on your 'to do' list. If you cant fix a carb, you cant even think about doing a conversion of that size. The 2k idle is for its own benefit, to get it warmed up, the fuel flowing, etc.

Nate.

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2002, 04:54 PM
I could understand that it does that when the engine is cold but it does it whan I drive for 45 min turn it off to go to the store or something, less that 5 min. The damn car is still warm. No other carbed car that Ive ever been in does this. Why would a warm engine need the cold choke to come on and why wouldnt it kick down right away. I am actually very inclinded but Ive had it with this stupid car. The best thing for it is to put something else in it. And if thats the case that every 3g does this why doesnt the car always do it. It only happens most of the time.:stick:

blazin3gen
12-04-2002, 06:21 PM
exactly what my 84 accord does and its a b**ch in the winter time thats why i love my 88 lx-i:D

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2002, 07:28 PM
after reaing the posts others have put up. I am going to clean carb, linkage and choke housing. Well see how that works.

jigga225
12-04-2002, 07:44 PM
its still gonna do it.
mine does it.
like nate said its for its own benefit.
just chill, ure actin like the idle is hurtin u or soemthin. You said its only 5 minutes. Damn well wait those 5 minutes.
ure drivin a 14 year old car.

these cars arent stupid. And I'll say one thing, if youre hassled bout that little thing. Youre gonna go crazy when you do what you say, talkin bout exchangin motors and turbos. That aint gonna be peachy clean, I bet it wont be smooth as a stock car.

if youre worried bout that, damn go buy a Q45 or somethin

87DXHatch
12-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Hey, my accord did that too. I could do nothing to fix it... it really kinda pissed me off. My friends hated my car for that reason. But then the tranny went crappy, so I might be scoring a SEi (Gotta beat the competition to it with a loan, the guy said "first come, first serve")

Wish me luck! :D

Midnight
12-04-2002, 11:27 PM
easy convert it already. efi is great.

Haolerot
12-04-2002, 11:32 PM
YOU GO JIGGA!!!!