PDA

View Full Version : Gutting Cat

Slamed89Accord
12-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Is it possible to gut the cat while its on the car?

87accordlxph
12-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Dude,

I don't understand why you would want to do this?
Sorry, I don't have an answer for this question.
I'd personally drop the cat and replace it w/ a piece of test pipe.

-Mike

1988starter
12-05-2002, 09:16 AM
NO butif you want better flow just get a highflow one lets not all send shitty gasses up in the air. Our asses will do it for us.

bobafett
12-05-2002, 10:47 AM
i ahve also been told by more than a few people who drive turbo cars, that say a test pipe might be overkill flow... we will lose any backpressure we might have had with an aftermarket exhaust, and lose all our low end torque. also i have heard that high flow cats provide very desirable results...

so i would reccomend either a high flow cat (better but ++$$$) or gutting your stock cat (bad for us, good for car :()

then again i havent done anything with my cat, so i cant speak from experience...

quagmire
12-05-2002, 11:36 AM
A high flow Catco cat is only $59 or so from Summit. Relacing it is much better than gutting it for the environment, for an N/A car and for you by not having to handle the toxic chemicals inside. Please lets not give the tree huggers any more ammunition against us.

Sabz5150
12-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Sure!!! Remove your oxygen sensor, fill the hole with gasoline and put the sensor back on. Retard your ignition by about 30 degrees, start the car and floor it.

I don't take responsibility if you do this. ;)