PDA

View Full Version : starting a petition to Matell?

lostforawhile
06-29-2014, 10:39 AM
OK we need to all get together and start a petition to Matell to get one of our body style cars released in a Hot Wheels version, they just released a 1990 Civic hatch, the Civic cars seem to always get all the love, there have been a bunch of different hot wheels cars related to them, they seem to have started to take notice of the old cars now, anyone have any suggestions on doing this? maby get everyone we can to post in this thread, and we forward it to them? this is the 1990 Civic that was just released, Our cars won all kinds of awards,were the first US front wheel drive to have double wishbone on all four corners, first Accord with pop ups etc, we need our own car http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/mossie500/E9AC3499-915B-4CB3-A575-7C983FED430E-157-000000087A7644E5_zps5e0acca7.jpg

2oodoor
06-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Johnny Lightning seems to have more original vintage models in die cast on that scale, they got some really good ones! I THINK we woud have better luck with them.

lostforawhile
06-29-2014, 11:03 AM
well we could also send it to Johnny lightning, maby between the two of them we can get one car produced, I'm starting to see more vintage Honda stuff, if Hotwheels will do a 90 civic, maby they can be convinced to do a three g

gfrg88
06-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Our cars aren't popular enough, hence why we have no aftermarket support on anything....

Gt-r
06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Our cars aren't popular enough, hence why we have no aftermarket support on anything....

Not so much unpopular. It's more along the lines that if it isn't a civic/s2000 it's not a honda worth having...Vtec and that slow shit ya know.

lostforawhile
06-30-2014, 09:02 AM
this is why I want to start this, if we enough people asking, maby we can convince them there are enthusiasts for these cars

87accordlxi
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
When I was young I always preferred Matchbox because they were higher quality than Hot Wheels and more realistic. Not quite as nice now. Do they even have suspensions anymore?

gfrg88
07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Not so much unpopular. It's more along the lines that if it isn't a civic/s2000 it's not a honda worth having...Vtec and that slow shit ya know.

It sucks, but the reality of it is, they are unpopular. Every other chassis get's tons more love, not just civics/S2Ks. When I can count and name off all the modded 3rd gens, that's bad. Just saying. oh and Vtackkk sucks :P

2oodoor
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I hate to tell ya this Gio but the modded 3rd gens on the internet or here are a very small percentage of them. Same as anything else on the interwebs.

I forgot about Matchbox, thats where I got started..well actually Tootsie Toy..maybe we should expand the petition to reach out to any and all diecast companies.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Ohs nos, a toy company doesn't make my car as a 1:64, better start a petition.

How many people look for unmolested CA Accords vs. the amount of people looking for an unmolested EF Civic?

They're a business. They will make what people want. When every car guy I know wants a stock EF Civic, but none of them are in the market for a stock CA Accord, it clearly indicates that they should be making die cast EFs, but not die cast CAs.

2oodoor
07-01-2014, 04:05 PM
They make a 89 Honda Aspire sedan in 1/18, Legend-like but still blows the popularity theory out of the water

lostforawhile
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I used to know guys on the HAMB who worked in the design department at Hotwheels, despite the fact that you would think of Mattell as a huge company, a lot of the guys in the hot wheels division are regular car guys, a lot of them own rods and customs, some Japanese cars, it's not some some giant corporate wall as far as that division. It's a bunch of big kids. These cars had a lot of historic firsts for Honda so dont automatically count them out

lostforawhile
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
The Amazing Studio Where Hot Wheels Designs the World's Smallest Cars (http://gizmodo.com/the-amazing-studio-where-hot-wheels-designs-the-worlds-1443399769)

Accordtheory
07-01-2014, 05:47 PM
No one gives a flying fuck about the 3g accords. When I was in CA and got pulled over because of the b series swap, the fucking pig said "take the wheels off and junk the car". When I went to the bodyshop to get a quote on fixing the damage to the side after I slid off a gravel road at like 1mph, the guy said it wasn't worth fixing. Yet he had a late 80s camaro with over $2k just in paint sitting right there, I said, "Isn't worth it, compared to what, that piece of shit?" When I drove the 3g, everybody thought I was fucking broke and had no money. When all my friends had civics and integras, they all looked at my 3g like "why?"

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:13 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080328070835/hotwheels/images/d/d0/Packin_pacer_yellow.JPG

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:15 PM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1977/1977_9508.jpg

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:17 PM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/hwclassics5/N6943c.jpg

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1983/1983_4356.jpg

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:23 PM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1985/1985_7527.jpg

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2014, 06:24 PM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1981/1981_1693a.jpg

lostforawhile
07-01-2014, 06:27 PM
No one gives a flying fuck about the 3g accords. When I was in CA and got pulled over because of the b series swap, the fucking pig said "take the wheels off and junk the car". When I went to the bodyshop to get a quote on fixing the damage to the side after I slid off a gravel road at like 1mph, the guy said it wasn't worth fixing. Yet he had a late 80s camaro with over $2k just in paint sitting right there, I said, "Isn't worth it, compared to what, that piece of shit?" When I drove the 3g, everybody thought I was fucking broke and had no money. When all my friends had civics and integras, they all looked at my 3g like "why?"

I'm hoping the attitude is changing, I used to be big into vintage civics, and they said the same thing, junk that piece of shit etc, now early civics are a big deal, same with ludes, no one used to do anything with the preludes, now they are gaining a following, the older these cars get the more people will become interested in them, there is also a possibility of pitching the idea in matchbox, they do a lot of stock cars that were popular, and these were very popular, it used to be hard to get one at the dealership when they were new

2oodoor
07-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Thanks for those Dr Snooz, yeah chevy citation what a pos lol

Accordtheory all I can say is nothing regarding the comments you got, they are all totally contrary to the ones I get and the head turns too because my car just looks badass coming down the street. Yours being a hatch, something must not look appealing for some reason?$ sometimes they are miztaken for thos chrysler daytona pos at the jnk yards I find hatches in the mopar section. Certain trim/color/conditions on hatches sometimes dont look as good or distinctive as they should I guess.
kudos for dnging the camaro guy, Iate 80's usually are crap.

gp02a0083
07-02-2014, 04:41 AM
good luck swaying the people at the company. The guys in the G-body community have been trying to get revell to produce an 80's cutlass model kit for years now, they only make monte's and buicks due to popularity.

cygnus x-1
07-02-2014, 08:33 AM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1981/1981_1693a.jpg

My friend had one of these. It was actually kind of a neat car, considering it was made by GM in the early '80s. Another friend had a Fiero. Also an interesting car but suffered the same problem as most GM cars of that era (crap build quality).

C|

lostforawhile
07-02-2014, 08:40 AM
My friend had one of these. It was actually kind of a neat car, considering it was made by GM in the early '80s. Another friend had a Fiero. Also an interesting car but suffered the same problem as most GM cars of that era (crap build quality).

C|
I remember them in Ohio, good old sideways stereo, odd size too, good little cars but rusted like a Vega

Vanilla Sky
07-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Hey, the X-11 Citation was kinda like the Chevy equivalent of the Dodge Omni GLHS. Both of which are now quite collectible cars. Gremlins, Pacers, and Pintos were popular cars with the hot rod community.

The Caddy was made in die cast because it's one of the ugliest cars ever made. Since they have all been crushed by now, it's a good thing someone documented that horrible trunk design.

Accordtheory
07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/1983/1983_4356.jpg

I had one of those in high school, an '85 Seville. Except it wasn't the color of piss after not drinking water for 3 days like here, it was a metallic green color, sort of like the color of money. Dark green leather interior. It looked gangsta as fuck. I got compliments/comments on that car all the time. People thought it cost me like $30k, people said ridiculous shit about it.
But the car was an absolute piece of junk. If you closed the right front door with the window up, the frameless window would hit the wrong part of the seal/body and not even go into the weatherstripping. Drunk friend slammed that door one day, and the armrest halfway broke off from the door. With the windows halfway down, they could be moved front/back side to side almost an inch. The steering was incredibly sloppy, the ball joints, idler arm, steering box, A arm bushings top and bottom, were all junk after only about 80k miles. The dash rattled at creaked in a million places. And the car only had about 135hp!!! With a transmission that slipped. The motor was the "ht 4100", a 4.1 liter throttle body injected V8. If you dipped on the gas and let off a few times, the car would cough out black smoke and stall, even at speed. Horrible, horrible gas mileage. Also, the motor was known for blowing head gaskets with only about 30k miles on it, thanks to being an aluminum block with cast iron heads, with really long head bolts. Mine never did, but it did throw a few parts out onto the road once. Driving along, power steering pulley decides to free itself from this hunk of shit, flies off, takes out my fan and fan shroud, and goes rolling down the road as I coasted to a stop like "wtf??!!" Didn't keep the car much longer after that.

Accordtheory
07-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks for those Dr Snooz, yeah chevy citation what a pos lol

Accordtheory all I can say is nothing regarding the comments you got, they are all totally contrary to the ones I get and the head turns too because my car just looks badass coming down the street. Yours being a hatch, something must not look appealing for some reason?$ sometimes they are miztaken for thos chrysler daytona pos at the jnk yards I find hatches in the mopar section. Certain trim/color/conditions on hatches sometimes dont look as good or distinctive as they should I guess.

kudos for dnging the camaro guy, Iate 80's usually are crap.

Maybe it's just the people I've encountered vs the people you have.

My car used to look good, good paint, tint, dropped low on 17s, the 88+ front lip thing, etc. I remember an older guy saying the same crap about my accord one time, "why even bother", etc, and I said, "why bother with a car that has a decent build quality, is reliable, gets good gas mileage, has a relatively sophisticated suspension design, good a/c, and can be modified to perform better fairly easily?" He was comparing it to one of those 60s mustangs he used to have back in the day. I think his real problem was that it wasn't "American" (Yet most white guys think Asian girls are hot, and it was made in Ohio!) and that it was FWD. My other friend had a 93 or so Mustang 5.0, I liked that car, but every damn thing rattled and shook, just like the older camaros. I suppose that old guy would have liked that mustang a lot more than my accord. Whatever.

I will say that I like the style of the old accords, preludes, the 4g accord, etc, so much more than the newer cars these days, it's not even funny. Most new cars these days look exactly the same, little suv inspired clones of each other, makes me want to puke. Tall hoods, tall dashes, tall door sills, sloped even higher to the rear, way too tall trunklids, Zero visibility, for a "sporty" style..just looks homosexual to me. Absolutely homosexual.

Vanilla Sky
07-02-2014, 11:07 AM
I really want a 4th gen wagon, because they look so nice. They have a very serious, mature look.

FederalSecurity
07-02-2014, 04:18 PM

I know what you mean. Most of my cars are what law enforcement refers to as "warrant wagons". Almost every time I drive into the nearest town, some of the deputies are bored enough to follow close behind me from the center of one town to the edge of the neighboring town. It happens to me no matter which car I'm driving...the '84 Celica GT, the '85 Accord LX, the '88 Accord LX-i, or the '88 RX-7. The first time that I drove the LX-i to the nearest Honda dealership they refused to give me a quote on some engine work. The last time I tried at the same dealership they refused to give me a quote on straightening out the front end. Same story with two other independent body shops I went to. Most people I know tell me to sell all five of my "craigslist specials" and buy one good car.

My personal opinion is that most people don't have enough imagination or determination to give the time of day to any make, model, or chassis that hasn't already been accepted. If the third generation and older Accords ever gain popularity, I think it will be the result of good number of well-modified Accords receiving enough recognition to make them an affordable, yet unique, option for the rest of the tuner community out there.

2oodoor
07-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Caddys ..I like the first Sevilles built on the Nova/Camaro chassis and the Cimmarons built on the first gen Cavalier chassis :) Escalades of course 2

Lostforawhile it sounds like youre on a connection that may be able to advise on the topic pretty well.

They would need a car, who's car though. !

4th gen wagons are sweet with potential to be very impressive compared to newer stuff.

lostforawhile
07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Caddys ..I like the first Sevilles built on the Nova/Camaro chassis and the Cimmarons built on the first gen Cavalier chassis :) Escalades of course 2

Lostforawhile it sounds like youre on a connection that may be able to advise on the topic pretty well.

They would need a car, who's car though. !

4th gen wagons are sweet with potential to be very impressive compared to newer stuff.I would think one of the boosted cars be cooler as the car could get an intercooler, lots of people dont realize these cars can be boosted or the power levels that can come out of these engines

87accordlxi
07-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Hey, the X-11 Citation was kinda like the Chevy equivalent of the Dodge Omni GLHS. Both of which are now quite collectible cars. Gremlins, Pacers, and Pintos were popular cars with the hot rod community.

The Caddy was made in die cast because it's one of the ugliest cars ever made. Since they have all been crushed by now, it's a good thing someone documented that horrible trunk design.

I've seen a couple of Citations with S/C 3800s bolted in. Almost makes me forget about it being one of the most recalled cars in history. Almost.

lostforawhile
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I've seen a couple of Citations with S/C 3800s bolted in. Almost makes me forget about it being one of the most recalled cars in history. Almost.I'm sure if enough of them were still around, the current recall would probably reach back to them in some way :uh: at least most of them didnt start rusting on the dealers lot like the Vega, they waited until they got used around salt then the floor pans fell out :rofl:

Accordtheory
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I know what you mean. Most of my cars are what law enforcement refers to as "warrant wagons". Almost every time I drive into the nearest town, some of the deputies are bored enough to follow close behind me from the center of one town to the edge of the neighboring town. It happens to me no matter which car I'm driving...the '84 Celica GT, the '85 Accord LX, the '88 Accord LX-i, or the '88 RX-7.

They used to pull the same thing with me all day when I lived in CA. I guess they'd go after a certain demographic, ie, civics, not S2000s. Unless they suspected any kind of "street racing". Then they'd impound the cars and you'd have to lawyer up to get them back. Modern day pirates, just like the DEA.

I think the pigs would leave you alone if you put a really outstanding paint job on the 3g, like that new camaro lime green color, that color is just...wow. That, clean 17s, and dark tint, dropped with a low front lip, they'd have to respect that. Just like all the techs at any honda dealership would walk outside to check out a boosted b series 3g swap.

But I could go home and hop in my red trans am, then they wouldn't even look, and if they did, they'd just smile. In south dakota, I get respect for my lifted, solid axle swapped silverado on 37s, I've seen cops point it out to each other as I drive by, but no one respects the 3g, just like how it was in CA. The best I can hope for is sort of a mild curious interest, as in "what is that, a hyundai? Is it fast?" And now that lack of desirability is proven once again, since no one has bought it from me yet. With the b series, gc coilovers, revalved bilsteins, people think I'm going to take chump change for those expensive parts, because it's a 3g chassis.

Vanilla Sky
07-03-2014, 06:01 PM
I think those ignition switches were already recalled :p

Dr_Snooz
07-05-2014, 07:25 PM
They used to pull the same thing with me all day when I lived in CA. I guess they'd go after a certain demographic, ie, civics, not S2000s. Unless they suspected any kind of "street racing". Then they'd impound the cars and you'd have to lawyer up to get them back. Modern day pirates, just like the DEA.

I think the pigs would leave you alone if you put a really outstanding paint job on the 3g, like that new camaro lime green color, that color is just...wow. That, clean 17s, and dark tint, dropped with a low front lip, they'd have to respect that. Just like all the techs at any honda dealership would walk outside to check out a boosted b series 3g swap.

But I could go home and hop in my red trans am, then they wouldn't even look, and if they did, they'd just smile. In south dakota, I get respect for my lifted, solid axle swapped silverado on 37s, I've seen cops point it out to each other as I drive by, but no one respects the 3g, just like how it was in CA. The best I can hope for is sort of a mild curious interest, as in "what is that, a hyundai? Is it fast?" And now that lack of desirability is proven once again, since no one has bought it from me yet. With the b series, gc coilovers, revalved bilsteins, people think I'm going to take chump change for those expensive parts, because it's a 3g chassis.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's so important to you what Camaro guys, Mustang guys and cops think.

Accordtheory
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why it's so important to you what Camaro guys, Mustang guys and cops think.

It's not important to me per se, it just reflects the generally perceived value/status of the 3g. Those same guys all respect the older nissan Z cars, for example.

Dr_Snooz
07-06-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm not saying that their opinion shouldn't matter. Only you can decide whether it matters or not. Someone's always going to be around to hate on what you're doing. Decide for yourself what's important, focus on that and ignore the haters.

Maybe I'm missing the point though.

gfrg88
07-08-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm not saying that their opinion shouldn't matter. Only you can decide whether it matters or not. Someone's always going to be around to hate on what you're doing. Decide for yourself what's important, focus on that and ignore the haters.

Maybe I'm missing the point though.

Point is, we are never gonna get these. Because everyone hates our cars/aren't popular enough.

/thread.

Oldblueaccord
07-08-2014, 06:35 AM
AMT International Scout II 1 25 Model Car Mountain Kit Open | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-INTERNATIONAL-SCOUT-II-1-25-Model-Car-Mountain-KIT-OPEN-/360978988008?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item540c063be8)

This company did a model of International Scouts II a few years back.

87accordlxi
07-09-2014, 12:53 PM
The best I can hope for is sort of a mild curious interest, as in "what is that, a hyundai? Is it fast?"

At least nowadays people ask if it's fast. 15 years ago they would have just assumed it was slow.