PDA

View Full Version : What Engine Do I Have?

Janiel
12-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Hey guys this is the first time I have writed here, I have question for you guys. I have an 89' Accord LX-i 2 door Coupe. I have no idea What engine is in my car? The worse thing of all that I bought it blown. The engine threw a rod and put two nice size holes in my block. Well now I'am looking for an engine for it and what should I do I'am on a very tight budget. Shouid I just put the same type of engine back on or do you recommend something else? I plan on modifing the engine later down the line i don't even know if my car is fast with my stock engine since I got it blown. Thanx for the help!

PhydeauX
12-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Its an a20a3. No swaps are cheap for this accord, just get another a20 if you dont have the cash.

andy

Janiel
12-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Thanks Andy. Is this Engine good? I have a friend that has an 88' LX-i and his engine blew the same rod no.4 cylinder. Is that a problem with these engines? I'am in the process of finding an engine for it by any chance would a dohc head from a prelude fit my car? And are there any upgrades for my engine? I apreciate the help, Thanx.

Grant2k
12-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Janiel
Thanks Andy. Is this Engine good? I have a friend that has an 88' LX-i and his engine blew the same rod no.4 cylinder. Is that a problem with these engines? I'am in the process of finding an engine for it by any chance would a dohc head from a prelude fit my car? And are there any upgrades for my engine? I apreciate the help, Thanx.
i haven't heard of this being a problem before. If you really want a DOHC engine Place Racing makes a B-series mount kit. unless you are super serious forget the H22. Another A20 will be the easiest and most cost efficient. Look in the FAQs.

89lxi95zx7
12-06-2002, 09:54 AM
mine had 114,000 on it and ran fine.1day broke connecting rod.game over 4 that a20a3-new 1 was $400(used but good)

hondadna
12-06-2002, 09:57 AM
The B20 in the lude is tilt back and the accord tilts tord the front so the lude willnt fit but if you got the money you mite get it done custom but it'll cost some cheese better just get a A20. the upgrades now are mostly custom like regrinded cam, civic short ram intake, ecu but its getting better wapon r has an intake ($170) colt does the regrind for cheap ,jet has started to remap the 3g ecu and you got in lxi so you can get a lude si ecu and that helps with air/feul map.... I love my 3g and all it takes is $$$ to get what you want out of it hope you stay init the A20 isnt know for takeing sh!ts that much but its all in how u treat it good luke and gods speed.

AccordEpicenter
12-07-2002, 09:13 PM
hey maybe there is a reason for why they bust the #4 rod, a friends accord broke the rod in #4 too, other than that ive rarely seen one bust in these cars unless they ran it out of oil or somthing stupid like that

Blue Impact
12-07-2002, 10:43 PM
A20A3...if treated good, the engine will last. If adjusted right, the engine can beat Civics when it comes to fuel efficiency. I have an A20A3 in my 89 coupe too and I could get at least 450 miles on a full tank (I've done it before). It's a hard driven car, yet, I only encounter minor problems due to the age.