PDA

View Full Version : Front & Rear Strut Bars?

Fascarz
04-29-2002, 02:45 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but are Ractive and DC Sports the only ones that make a front strut bar for our cars? I've been trying to locate a Ractive strut bar but they no longer make them and I can't see paying $150+ for a bar from DC Sports, especially when the Ractive one was less than $50. What about a rear strut bar? Does any company make these? Are there any other cars that have the same length between the strut towers as our cars? Maybe we can use their bars? :confused:

MoonScryer
04-29-2002, 04:44 PM
With Ractive out of the way, your only choice is the DC Sports. If you can find a used one from Ractive, consider yourself lucky. Check Ebay.

As far as the rear, no one makes one. Justin (turbo88accord) does modify and sell 90 accord ones to fit. Ask him for details and pricing.

1988starter
05-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Ok I know I will sound stupid but how do these work and what do they do besides smoothen things out.

Chrome_thangs
05-01-2002, 07:17 PM
don't feel stupid i don't know what the hell they are either or what they do. I always see them though

Jims 86LXI HB
05-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Strut bars stiffen up front and or rear of a car so that the suspension can better do the job it was designed to do. In theory their is a certain amount of flex or movement across the strut tower's. This movement is wasted energy, coming from your suspension, indirectly. Stop it and that energy stays with the suspension. Since our car's have a certain amount of chassis flex, I'd argue that having them would help improve the feel of your car as part of a overall package, I.E. springs, struts, rims and tires. But if you never push your car around corners kinda hard, I kinda doubt it's gonna help you much, other than look cool when you lift the hood.
:D