PDA

View Full Version : How to relocate battery to trunk???

Chrome_thangs
05-17-2002, 05:50 PM
What all is involved in moving your battery to your trunk? I'm going to be putting in an intake soon and was gonaa move it and the stock intake so my engine can get cooler air to it. What parts are needed and where would i purchase them?

Lockey
05-19-2002, 12:27 PM
nice run of 4 gauge or smaller guage and some fancy bracket in the boot and plexiglass to look flash..

im contemplating doing the same

GDGuy11B
05-19-2002, 07:24 PM
Guys, take my advice... my battery is in my trunk. Use the kit from Summit Racing. Me and Justin did mine in Macon, and I went out and bought the parts individually...it cost a lot of money. Justin used the kit for his car and it came with everything we needed. The battery cable alone cost me more than the whole kit. Here's the kit. (http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=2090)

It's not very hard to do, just IM me or Justin if ya got questions. I was gonna do a how-to on this, but i got really busy and didnt have time to take everything out and do it over.

Micah

Chrome_thangs
05-20-2002, 04:49 PM
How did u run the wires to the back(where did u hide them) Will i have to cut a hole in my fire wall to bring the wires through?

Lockey
05-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Basically you know how u run cables to amps in the boot...well do the same for the battery(except bigger) and run under carpet that will mean your amp wires from battery will be short as becasue they are both in the boot.

when you cut hole in firewall make sure you put tubber gromets in the hole becaus the metal can cut the plastic coating on cable then your car goes LIVE...

carobotics
05-22-2002, 02:27 PM
If you want to save money on cable, don't buy 4 awg car audio cable. Buy some welding electrode cable. I get 1/0 (that's big mofo cable) for $1.49 cdn/ft. It has less strands, but thicker strands, which only means it won't be as flexible. It resists water, heat, and oil just like the car stuff. Super good. Do it. I would.:stick:

Lockey
05-22-2002, 08:53 PM
yeah the only prob is the strand count...being less flexible

it looks ugly to :>

but u can run it the majority of the way under the carpet then join it through distribution blocks with pretty looking stuff into amps..that will overcome the looks and flexibility issues

Chrome_thangs
05-22-2002, 09:21 PM
you know how you run cables to amps in the boot....
Excuse me, but what the hell is a boot, and why would you put an amp there? :confused:

88LXiHB
05-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Boot=trunk :D

Lockey
05-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Sorry thats down-under talk for a trunk yes

ACCORD EX
05-23-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Lockey
Sorry thats down-under talk for a trunk yes

man ! i don't just lern about cars here , english too ! :D :lol !

MIKE

hondaaccord_86
05-23-2002, 10:58 AM
i want to see pics of all of yours battery in the trunk... pics pics pics

Lockey
05-23-2002, 12:05 PM
its a throw together now..... im doin tidier install soon