PDA

View Full Version : Phase One of Project R

89AccordGSR
12-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Ok heres the deal my fellow 3Gers. I need some opinions for my 2 door LXi. Heres whats going to go down in the future for Project R. First, all I want are opinions, dont slaughter me for the following. First, im gonna get a new motor from Nippon motors so I can see what ill run with it all built up(If you want to know the list of motor mods they are on other threads). Second, im gonna get my 17" Konig Blatants(silver) & suspension work. Third I plan to get my audio system worked out(Its a secret on whats gonna be in it). Lets just say I will have a hellacious system in my 3rd Gen. Fourth, complete Xenon kit w/ an APR Drag wing. Fifth, shaved door handles, locks, trunk lid, emblems, body molding, corner lenses(If YK86 doesnt come up on some JDM & Euro corners, front license plate brakets, etc... Repainted PPG black w/ silver pearl or flakes(not to many flakes). Sixth, comes the motor swap(B20B/Type R VTEC). So hows that so far? I pretty much know exactly whats going to be on it, but thats a long list. I plan to turbo the B20 motor also, but thats way down the road. Also, with the audio equiptment I plan to do the gauges & what not to the interior & I plan to get a billet grille insert for the front end. So what do you think? Im havin one problem, I cant decide on carbon Konigs or silver. Please give some thoughts on that. Im going with a black & silver look. Sorry for the long post.

BMS
12-06-2002, 11:42 PM
I don't like those Drag Wings. Unless you're flying at 350 mph they're useless. I saw an accord with the shaved trunk, no more tail lights or anything. It was tight. The rest sounds good. But for that much dough, why don't you just buy a real sports car?

Mike's89AccordLX
12-06-2002, 11:53 PM
He is a loyal 3Geer that's why! He wants what most of us want, to not be noticed and still kick ass. We have the element of suprize on our sides. After I raced this guy he said, "Shit I didn't know those were fast at all." But he was suprized. People say that our cars are boxy, what the hell is wrong with boxy? The newer cars a going to a more boxier look than the round look now a days. I love the way the 3 G is designed.

BMS
12-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Man, the things people will say to justify owning a crappy car.

No, I own one too, and I know that your answer is true. But, is the car worth spending that many thousands of dollars on? Thinking realistically, that's a big money cost to have the 3G he wants.

dXsquared
12-07-2002, 12:16 AM
i have to agree. my car has cost 5 grand + body and paint + stereo(always changin). so for 6 grand, i could be rollin in a 1995 Honda Civic SI. then in a nother year, i could do up the motor, then do the suspention the next year, then do appearance the next summer! i dunno, but this car is sooo addictive... i know i do wrong when spendin money on my rust bucket, but right now, it is a quick, well handleing beater. all i need is some major rot control and a paint job... then recovered seat and a carpet. then after i do all that, its time for a faster engine! it never ends... so i guess everyone that mods these cars, like them.

Travis

PS sorry for the rant, its 3:16 am and im half sleepin
GOOD NIGHT

BMS
12-07-2002, 12:19 AM
You said civic. I hate civics. Do not even think about spending money on a civic.

I want a Datson 280Z. I've always thought those were awesome.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Would you guys honestly want to be rolling in a car that 1 in every 5 people in the world own. Seriously every drives Civics. Yeah they're fast but, I would rather make something that's not as fast and make it a winner. It's all about the suprize tactic man.

BMS
12-07-2002, 12:24 AM
They're not even fast! Stock civics lick donkey balls. You can make them fast with lots of time and money, but stock they suck.

89AccordGSR
12-07-2002, 01:15 AM
Ok first, let me say that with some of the mods that people do to their cars usually cost a whole lot more then their cars a valued at. Second, damn a civic. Ive beat a couple of Civics around town with exhaust & what not. Oh & my motor is stock as hell. Third, if you think about it most of the not so boxy cars started out boxy.(RX-7s, Supras, 3rd & 4th Gen Accords, etc....) So dont put down a boxy car because those can run with the best of them. Next, dude if you dont wanna drop any money into your 3Rd Gen then why are you drivin one? & if you saw B20B/Type R VTEC 3rd Gen Accord pull up to you at a redlight would you expect anything from it? No, youd probably think it just has a phat ass exhaust system with a couple of mods. Im a 3rd Gen Accord driver/hardcore import tuner/speed demon, im happy that ive got one. & maybe im wrong but dont you drive a 3rd Gen? & didnt I ask not to slaughter me? the reason I want the Drag wing is for looks, I mean come on I dont plan to be racing at 120+(well till I get my motor swap& even then im only running it on the track....not street) so technically either way any wing would be useless. & that wing is just an alternate, till I get all my Hardcore mods. If you think about it, a civic is not the best car to do up. Well, lets see if a Civic rolled up to you at the light you would expect for it to be raced out. I am here for show, go, & audio.
Sorry im venting, I hate when people diss others for trying to be original. Anyway, hey can you all give me your opinions on this rim pick. 17" Konig Blatants. Carbon, Silver, or Opal. Take into mind im going for that phantom look. Oh yea, along with the shaving of the corners, I was gonna shave the plastic pieces on the flip ups & the front grille.

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_subcategory.cfm?CategoryID=1&SubcategoryID=22&SubcategoryName=2002%20%20%20NEW%20WHEEL%20LINE

^Please pick a rim, im in the dark on which to go with

Elijah
12-07-2002, 01:15 AM
we want to be original.I have 95 lexus gs400 and i still spend all my time on my accord.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-07-2002, 01:21 AM
It's fun to tune a car and make it better. I get so many looks because my car sounds so sweet. Someone the other day asked what I had in it and I laughed and said, "It's bone stock dude." The Weber is godly!!!!!

89AccordGSR
12-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Im also in the process of getting either a 99 4 door Accord w/ a V6 or a 99 Acura TL. I would do those up but lets face it. Its expected of you. after im done with my 3rd gen Accord I plan to add stuff to the newer rides but not go all out like in the 3rd Gen.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-07-2002, 01:28 AM
I'm going to get a newer car in a couple of years, but keep my 3G also. Can't let go of a car that cherry. It's ok they have a thin candy shell. Your head has a thick candy shell. Your heads the one with the shell on it.
GREAT GREAT MOOVIE !!!! Can't believe you've never been cow tipping before.

TREVOR
12-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Blatant carbon bro, if you are going for that stealth look.
Don't freakin worry what people have to say about your mods. They actually sound bad ass. It's your ride, do what you want.

TREVOR
12-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Blatant carbon bro, if you are going for that stealth look.
Don't freakin worry what people have to say about your mods. They actually sound bad ass. It's your ride, do what you want.

cdscowboy
12-07-2002, 12:02 PM
I'd go with the carbon, and it'd look tight if you did the silver pearl with those carbons, too. Black is of course gonna look good...you can't go wrong with it. I don't think a drag wing would look all that great. I'd go with something modest, something with some edges...maybe a M3 wing??? Modest and classy. Just my thoughts...

ps. I wish I had your dough to blow on my 3g!!!

89AccordGSR
12-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Well see heres the thing, the main reason I want the drag wing is because its black & silver. But, if I go with the carbons then I will probably end up going with the Aero Gear Battle Drag wing. Main reason for that is because it can be painted. Unlike the aluminum one(I know it can be painted, but ive seen one painted & it looked like ass). What do you all think about that Areo Gear Battle Drag wing? Take into mind that wing is going to be installed the sametime as the Xenon kit, so its gotta accent the kit in some kinda way.

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsplargepic&vpic=LAGBattleWing.jpg
^heres the wing

BMS
12-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Hey, to clear things up, I wasn't dissing on your ideas. You asked for my oppinion and I gave it to you. It is my honest oppinion that if you were really serious about speed you would wanna buy a more sporty car. It is also my oppinion that the drag wings look like shit on any car except a dragster. So, you asked for my oppinion and there it is. I can understand that you would get pissed about it because you don't know what I was thinking when I wrote it, but I wrote it trying to let you know what I thought, not to say your ideas suck. A 3g like you described would be sick, but if it was me I'd buy a newer car. That is what I would do, not to say you shouldn't do it or that it would be dumb.
If you have the money and are willing to spend it, and you want it, go for it. But, from the point of view of someone who lives check to check, it doesn't work.

89AccordGSR
12-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Heres the thing, if your gonna give an opinion give your opinion on what the question was asked. Dont give your complete thought on what should or shouldnt be done. That reply was not specifically meant for you, its for the people who bomb on peoples ideas. I would understand if i started out with a big ass aluminum wing w/o rims or a kit or anything of that matter. See living from check to check is what I used to do. But with the checks I set money away for the car & other nasty habits I have. Thats why im going to be in the customizing industry. Just so I can do my own work instead of paying others to do a job that i know I can do by myself. Dont take offense to what I say because either way its just talk. The reason I dont want a newer sporty car is because 1. Insurerance is a bitch & 2. Name one sporty car out there that hasnt been worked over. Im trying to be quick but also be original. If I was to buy, lets say an S2000. The insureance would be like no other on that. The only real sports car id buy is an Acura NSX & everybody knows those will haul ass. I dont know about where you live but here if you see one of those, then you know it may whoop that ass. But, if you see a 3rd gen roll up then what would you expect outta it? Im just out for the love of the 3G.

BMS
12-07-2002, 05:53 PM
Sounds good. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't think I was a dick and that I think you're full of shit. I don't like to have people hold a grudge against me, even if it is online.

And, like I did say, A 3g like you described would be sick. There's no doubt about that part of it.