PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Store, Is it a scam?

CB Coupe SEi
07-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Hey guys I just found a new parts outlet with prices looking to be about 1/2-1/3 the posted price at my local Honda Dealer. I just made my first order and I'm thinking its not a scam. I used Credit card so I'm hoping they will stand behind me if I have a problem.

Here is the web site: Find any auto parts in our original part number database from car manufactures (http://www.carpartswebstore.com/default.aspx)

They have no telephone contact listed

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them? They handle 4 brands of Vehicles including Honda. I have 3 Honda's now and my order is for my 2008 Element so I haven't looked into the 3gen parts cost at this time.

Let me hear from you if you have.

I'll post if my order comes thru good.

Dr_Snooz
07-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Far out! I'm definitely interested in hearing how it goes. Are they selling genuine Honda parts or something else?

2drSE-i
07-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Definitely let us know. They seem to have some hard to find parts

cygnus x-1
07-24-2014, 09:29 AM
They list parts that have been discontinued by Honda. My guess is that they have the same parts availability that the dealers have, but it's not reflected in the database. The prices may be better though. I checked for an axle from an 83 Prelude and it was $5 cheaper than from hondapartsdeals.com (Honda dealer in Rhode Island)

C|

steverine
09-16-2014, 08:02 PM
to CB Coupe SEi -
Did your order come through?
I need a discontinued part and they're the first place I've found that seems to have it. I looked around their site... no "about us", and no physical address given, which is concerning... however enough detail in parts listings, searches, and "policy", to make me think they might be legit. Looking for feedback from anyone who has tried to use them.

pajamas95
09-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Going to place an order for part number 16043-PH4-671 that has been discontinued everywhere else and I'll let you know what happens.

CB Coupe SEi
02-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I did place a order, but it never got filled. They said they couldn't get it and the money was refunded to my credit card. That was a little scary but didn't lose anything. Would have been great to get the parts at that price, if they had them. Maybe they do have some good buys that are available. Let me know if anyone has any success.