PDA

View Full Version : Fuse box under the dash

87AccordBoy
12-07-2002, 11:16 AM
ok i have aproblem with the fuse box under the dashboard one of the fuses is loose in there and everytime i go to put my signals everythng on the dash shuts off except for the speedometer can anyone please tell me how to fix it or do i need a new one and by the way i replace the fuse and still keeps on the fuse is loose in the socket coult that be the problem????:banghead:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-07-2002, 01:17 PM
If the fuse is loose in its socket, then it mat not be making good contact with the circuitry and therefore will cause intermitent operation. The position of the fuse box under the dash is not very convenient for fuse replacement. You could try to lower the fuse box off of the bolts. This is rather easy once you get the nuts that hold it to the dash removed. Unless you need to remove the fuse box comletely, it is not neccesary to remove the wiring from it. Did your fuse just suddenly start to vibrate loose or did you do any work around there and accidentally pulled on it. You say that any time you turn your signals on, the whole dash goes blank, yet if you reinsert the fuse all the way, it starts working?

A little more detail could help. You may want to try and get the fuse box out of the dash and have a better look at it.

Hope this helps. :D

The RUS.:pimp:

anchovies
12-07-2002, 10:45 PM
hmmm..sticky tape :D

Mike's89AccordLX
12-07-2002, 11:06 PM
I would tape that sucker down or would it be up? Sticky tape. :)

87AccordBoy
12-08-2002, 08:52 PM
nah the fuse is all the way in yeah sometimes it starts to viberate real fast but its still in there and the way i fix it is by putting a peice of cardboard between 2 fuses and it stays in place for a while but ima try that lowering the fuse box to see what happens.

AccordEpicenter
12-08-2002, 10:22 PM
2 words... Rubber Band

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-09-2002, 01:51 PM
BTW, when I said to lower the fuse box I didn't mean that it would be done permanently, only to have a better look at it. The fuse box sits on two studs so it would be rather hard to reposition it to a lower area. If you don't want to remove the fuse box for inspection you can get to the fuses from the bottom but you will have limited access.

Just clariying myself. Don't want to confuse anyone more than necessary. ;)

smufguy
12-09-2002, 04:16 PM
Rubber band is three words mind . ;)

Well if u dont wanna have it ghetto style taped in, go get a another whole fuse box, its not hard to find. Hey i got one if u want to. :D

87AccordBoy
12-10-2002, 06:19 AM
Womp Womp Womp i knew that lol nah but thanx for ya help i just fixed it there was sumething stuck inside the socket so its working fine now again thanx alot guys...

smufguy
12-10-2002, 08:58 AM
i was just kidding about that man. Anywayz, what was it? was it a broken plastic part of the fuse or some shit? cause some of the cars i come across in the junk has some broken fuse parts in it.

1988starter
12-10-2002, 10:18 AM
I just reshaped one of my fuse connectors so it had a hump stays in good now needle nose pliers.

|
. )
|