PDA

View Full Version : cheap injectors?

1987HondaAccord
12-07-2002, 04:04 PM
yo...

where can i get some cheap injectors? or should i just get mine cleaned? One of them leaks a lot... onto the intake manifold. I have trouble starting up on warm days, but cold days are much better... is this related? or is it the main relay or fuel pump?

thanks for your intelligent reply!!
;)

AccordEpicenter
12-09-2002, 04:49 PM
it could be the rubber o rings where the injectors sit in the manifold or fuel rail, try not to mess with em too much until you can get em fixed. If I were you id get it fixed soon unless you like having a campfire under your hood.

AZmike
12-09-2002, 05:17 PM
I had the same problem with gasoline on the intake. My seals were perfect. The injectors themselves were leaking at the metal-plastic seam. You can't clean them; they need to be replaced. I waited a while to do mine, but the longer you wait the greater the possibility of fire is. I got 4 used from OldSchoolSwap for cheap. He might still be trying to sell he newest spares.

Inabj2
12-10-2002, 12:29 AM
uh, thats a good question, fucking honda fuckers wants 415 for my injectors, where could I get them cheaper? (we dont have junkyards on my area.

DBMaster
12-10-2002, 10:26 AM
OK, here we go again. It is NOT the seals. The ones in the manifold do no even touch liquid fuel and the o-rings in the fuel rail do not go bad. It is the injectors themselves leaking at the union of the plastic and metal components, just as the other Mike said above. I learned this the hard way myself six years ago after spending $50 for new seals and o-rings.

Several people on this board have mentioned the Python Venom (I think?) injectors available from nopi.com for $40 each. I also purchased in the past some "test" injectors from rceng.com (you have to call the get them) for $42 each. Either way, it's cheaper than even hondaautomotiveparts.com.