PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to school to be a mechanic!

Mike's89AccordLX
12-08-2002, 05:09 AM
Hey guys, I'm taking my spring semester off so I can afford my tools so I can learn to be a mechanic. I can't wait to start, it's a 2 year program and I'll start next fall. It's cool because I'll be able to do work on my car for free and for a grade. But yeah, my dad's opening his autobody repair shop in March, he said I could use his shop to practice and stuff. When I get out of school I can work at the shop and work for pretty much for myself. We'll have the autobody and mechanic sides. It will be fun to start doing that stuff. Now maybe I can start thinking of newer ideas for stuff. :D

Neuspeed87lx
12-08-2002, 07:32 AM
nice im doing the same thing! its a 2 year program ...i need to save up for the tools though ..there damn expensive ... its called the ford asset program.... i know i know ford ..ew but i get alot of knowledge on cars and i get to work at a ford dealership to get experience ..

idriveahonda
12-08-2002, 08:52 AM
mike what shcool u goin to?

89accordboi
12-08-2002, 10:33 AM
i thought about being a mechanic, but i dont think they make enough money then i would want, but it would be soo nice to able to work on my own car and be able to install my own stuff without paying for installation omg... but yeah, good luck to u mike!