PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lens

uneek
12-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Does any1 know where i can get the bumper clear lens? for a 87 Accord Se Hatch...Thanks.

-Tim

88accordlxi
12-08-2002, 04:24 PM
i hate to be the one to break it to you but you gotta make it yourself. no one sells it

uneek
12-08-2002, 04:32 PM
How though i mean none of your links work for any of the "HOW TO" I am realy intrested..Please help im willing to do them A.S.A.P

Neuspeed87lx
12-08-2002, 07:58 PM
you have to break that plastic orange piece out .....the link works
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104

Jims 86LXI HB
12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
you have to break that plastic orange piece out .....the link works
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104

Wha huh:huh:? That how do does nothing to help 86-87 or any hatchback owners out. All the hatchbacks and all 86-87 cars have 2 screw's in the front of the lenes that unscrew and the lens comes off and the whole housing come's right out. In order to install len's you have to modify the housing buy shaving the inside screw mount so a flush mounted len's will fit. Because the orange len's is heavely domed shaped, if you don't do something to compinsate, the new flat len's will be sunk into the bumper and it looks funky. Go to a hardware store and buy 28 1 1/2" soft rubber washers and cut a portion off each one and glue seven of them together behind each screw hole behind the housings. To make the lenes, go to home depot and buy sheet's of clear lexan and trace one of the orange lens onto it and use a hack say to cut kinda close to your trace. Then take a dremel tool and carefully grind up to your trace line. Then take a sheet of 400 grit sand paper and lay the whole sheet down on your garage floor. While holding the sand paper down with one hand, make several passes with the len's in the other hand, it work's much faster that way. Then take and set a housing ontop of the len's and carefull use a small drill bit and mark the center of both screw holes. Take a 3/8" dril bit and CAREFULLY drill out each hole. Do not rush it take your time, you don't want it to crack and you want it CENTERED. If you want, get a can of chrome paint from walmart and tape off the light bulp and spray all the white inside the housing chrome silver. Install the gasket and reassemble everthing and your done. That is how I make my clears and how I make bobafett's clears. I can make lexan clear's or smoked lenes for $25, including shipping and the rubber spacers, you modify your own housing. Here's a link to see what they look like

www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7325

Neuspeed87lx
12-08-2002, 08:33 PM
whups....i got lazy and didnt read the whole post....jims on his game tonite

Jims 86LXI HB
12-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
whups....i got lazy and didnt read the whole post....jims on his game tonite

lol:lol no note quite, I would have moved this to appearance sooner:D ;)

goldyaccord
12-08-2002, 09:55 PM
hmm.. or, why dont u just swap the sedan bumpers off the LX, Lxi cars and use the cleaner clears?

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271086_3_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271086_6_full.jpg

go to the junk yard, look for an Sedan style bumper that has a smooth line.. instead of the sunken type line on the LX, DX's. All LX,dx, LXI HB's have the sunken line.

Anyways, when u do find one, take the bumper,bumper lights and the bumper support that bolts to the core suppport.

After u get the bumpers, u need to take the lenses off by melting the edges with a heat gun or a more focused blowdryer. take the lenses off and take out the orange reflector. then put the lenses back on with some superglue.

That's how i did mine. Originally the bumper i got was green so, i sanded it primed it and painted it black. I have to get another bumper skin due to the fact that i created a crack near the foglight hole, Dont ask me why the crack is there. I did not make a smart move by goin too fast onto a car trailer and ended up hitting the front rail on the trailer, that's why my license plate is bolted on using the botom screws.

If u have other question or not sure about something give us a holler.

Josh

Whoops! I didnt know that link also explained everything.. SORRY.

markmdz89hatch
12-09-2002, 07:59 AM
...or go find a 90-91 Infiniti M30, and steal it's front lights w/housings and wiring. With very little/minor modification the lights will fit right in.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/210000-210999/210989_70_full.jpg

...if you can't find that, Jim is definitly the only other source for the lenses. His really are the best bang for the buck. Highly reccomended!

Blue Impact
12-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Why not just get an 88-89 coupe or sedan front bumper and make the clear lense yourself? The bumper will enhance the look of your car as well (look more aggressive).

goldyaccord
12-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Why not just get an 88-89 coupe or sedan front bumper and make the clear lense yourself? The bumper will enhance the look of your car as well (look more aggressive).

Amen Brotha!