PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth working on an A20A3

od2681
12-09-2002, 09:28 AM
Hey you guys..is it worth puttin money and effort into the stock lxi motor for a 1986 accord....My car has 250000 miles on it...runs pretty damn good.....almost like new....throttle response is excellent.....keeps up with everything until third....so I was just asking if it is worth it.....I am hopin to save up enuff for a b16a but that is about a year away....Can you alll list some parts that would give me a decent amount of hp without being too expensive

Blue Impact
12-09-2002, 10:13 AM
I think it is. It'll also save you a lot of headaches being stock.

bobafett
12-09-2002, 10:28 AM
yeah the easiest and most common mods are:
chopped up civic intake $40 ebay
exhaust (depends on exhaust shop)
headers like $150 at www.nopionline.com
high flow cat (not too sure on price)
reground cam. $150 ish, plus you need to supply a cam to gring.

also look into some ignition parts like MSD ignition, and either MSD blaster coil or the ACCELL coil.

also after you do a few mods, advancing the timing a bit, and putting in higher octane gas might be squeezing out another HP or two! :)

thats pretty cheap though, u should be able to do all that under $750... :)

also suspension mods are quite pleasant!

Blue Impact
12-09-2002, 10:39 AM
$40 for a Civic intake off of ebay is still too much.

bobafett
12-09-2002, 10:42 AM
well i dunno. find whatever you can, its still the cheapest mod you can do that actually adds power that you can notice. :)

all you need is a big filter with a metal tube attached from the TB... could just follow the team del sol guide in the how-to and get yourself a cold air intake from the start. :)

Blue Impact
12-09-2002, 11:00 AM
I've seen Civic intakes on ebay for $25 before. I'm sure they'll come around again.