PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a Tornado before

Chrome_thangs
05-18-2002, 01:21 AM
I was up late one night watching tv and i caught an infomercial on a product called a Tornado. It's a metal circle that fits in your intake right by the throttle body. What it does is cause the air to vortex and spin supposedly increasing the air gas mixture giving u better gas mileage and added horsepower. Has anyone used this product? it looks like it could be for real.

ACCORD EX
05-18-2002, 04:36 AM
sound lika a smal turbo to me ! :)

MIKE

gugumachi
05-18-2002, 06:32 AM
i've also seen that informercial. i think someone on here has one in their car. do you remember if they had one of those money back guarantees or something? someone with access to a dyno should get one, dyno it, and then send it back. i know they supposedly dynoed it on the commercial, but 20 horsepower from that small piece of metal just doesn't sit right with me...

Jims 86LXI HB
05-18-2002, 06:59 AM
That thing's a bunch of bull! They have a web site for it. That thing is just like selling the ladies,"fat burning" pills. They got info-mercial's for them to. You WANT to think it's possible. But it ain't.

ACCORD EX
05-18-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by gugumachi
but 20 horsepower from that small piece of metal just doesn't sit right with me...

may be it's a 20 HP boost on a V12 engine ! :lol

MIKE

1988starter
05-18-2002, 07:03 AM
I asked the same question and someonee had one look
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=960

OldSchoolSwap
05-18-2002, 07:31 AM
Pizz-a-shit!!!! Dyno proven to ripp you off boys and girls.

Proven in one old issue of a performance mag, don't remember if it was Sports Comp or Super Street. It even lost horse power.

POS carb
05-18-2002, 09:20 AM
people need to be a bit more critical of what they watch on TV, there are a whole bunch of these scam products used to lure unknowing customers to buy it and they "Guarantee" a power increase but nobody just has access whenever they want to a dyno but if they did they probably know enough anyway not to buy it.

check out the instructions for this one, how lame can you get??

http://www.spiralmax.com/sm_photo.htm

:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

gugumachi
05-18-2002, 09:59 AM
haha, that's great. i love all the "HERE" 's with the arrows. very precise

Hoshizakido
05-19-2002, 12:53 AM
I could crush this thing in the palm of my hand its so cheap looking. I doubt this thing produces more then 5hps. Ill see bout getting my car dynoed, and see what it does with, and without. It seems to be a little noticable, but not like when you first change from stock exhaust to performance. How much do dynoes usually cost?

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Justin, or "Omega" had i thynk a spiralmax in his car and i thynk he said he could tell the difference, and btw for 5 hp i thynk its worth it

Hoshizakido
05-19-2002, 10:18 PM
yea that sounds about right

OldSchoolSwap
05-20-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
Justin, or "Omega" had i thynk a spiralmax in his car and i thynk he said he could tell the difference, and btw for 5 hp i thynk its worth it
Guys, onece again...... This will NOT add any HP to anything except a shopping cart with lots of stickers!

A dyno run will run about $80 an hour. Worth it you ask? Hell no! Not for spiral max!:D

POS carb
05-20-2002, 08:26 PM
hence the term "mental horsepower"

87accordlxi
05-20-2002, 08:40 PM
:werd: the tornado is bullshit!

jkim1978
05-20-2002, 09:57 PM
i say.... if you believe in it... it will work.... :) hehehe... on a serious note... sport compact car magazine.. had a three page article about the tornado... and their final conclusion is this.... it basically did nothing for gaining hp... so my final thought is this... its like that sticker antenna for the cell phones... if you believe in it.. then it will work.... hehehe