PDA

View Full Version : Switch to Cold air

BLck89accord
12-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Right now I have the infamous short ram intake suckin up all that hot air. I'm debatin' on switchin' to the cold air setup with bypass when the weather warms up, prolly around march. Will this benefit me, and be much of a difference than my current setup?? Just curious. I've been reluctant to do the CAI for awhile becuz i was afraid of suckin up water and dirt and all that BS, but the bypass option is makin me lean more towards it.

RC

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Yea the colder the air the better. Im not real sure about the gains but there better then the short ram intake. An yea like you said with the bypass valve you don't have to worry about water an all that BS getting into ur engine.

bobafett
12-09-2002, 06:44 PM
there is a thread in the FAQ that talks about the gains, its make CAI look really tempting. i am still afraid though. lmk how much better you like it if you do end up going with CAI

1987HondaAccord
12-10-2002, 05:54 PM
I am wondering if a CAI is too much for a first mod that i do myself. I would have to move the battery and im not sure how much work that would be. But if im going to do air, it should be cold. still wondering if i should turn it into a ricer or not.