PDA

View Full Version : I-got-stobes

HondaBoy
12-09-2002, 08:24 PM
yesterday i went and bought some stobe lights for my 3gee. today i wired them up and put them in my blinker part in my clear tails. they look pretty cool so now i have something cool with my lights, besides the clear tails. i might want to put some stobes into my headlights when i get the sealed beam conversion. that makes your headlights into regular lights like newer cars. not that yellow light sealed beam that our cars have. i am going to get my headlight conversion in glass, not plastic. maybe sometime this month i will get them. WHO HAS STOBES? I HOPE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

pmip
12-09-2002, 08:29 PM
I've been thinking about getting them (since I have those stupid "running lights" built into my h4 conversions anyway), so how do you like them? Are they very bright? What kind did you get?

HondaBoy
12-09-2002, 08:40 PM
ya i like em realy good. but i havnt had them but one day installed. so i have to give em some time. they are pretty bright so i guess they would go realy good in the H4 housings. they are Pilot brand. they say plug-in stobe lights on the box and have something like a '95 accord. looks to me like a mugen grille it has. they were $9.95 at Auto Zone. at Pepboy's they were like $14 something. i also got a plug, like in car vacs u plug into the cigarette lighter, and a togle switch. i got this round switch because the rectangle switch would have taken a bit more time to make the opening.

MoonScryer
12-09-2002, 08:52 PM
i had a set in my car, ran wiring for them to be in the outer front corner lights. I took them out after a while. They were nice to have, but utterly worthless after a bit.

Watch that $10 box; it likes to die after a bit. The $40 setup at NOPI is actually worth the money.

Tim Yoak
12-10-2002, 05:18 AM
The is a pretty good set of headlights at wal mart called hyper whit, they install just like regular sealed beam but they filter out the yellow. I was kind of skptecial until I tried them. Kept me from hitting a deer

Neuspeed87lx
12-10-2002, 06:12 AM
i have strobes in my civic ..blue/red/and clear ones in my headlights...at night they look like a cop car .... i rarly use them though ...only at car shows

johndej
12-10-2002, 02:28 PM
lol, some ricer (not that i'm calling you one) got pulled over for having red and blue head lights in our town. dumb ass got like a $100 ticket for impersonating a police car.

pmip
12-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by johndej
lol, some ricer (not that i'm calling you one) got pulled over for having red and blue head lights in our town. dumb ass got like a $100 ticket for impersonating a police car.

I actually think the strobe lights are rice, but I still want some because I have holes in my lights already, they're cheap, and they'd be kind of fun to play around with for a while (until they blow out like everyone says).

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2002, 03:21 PM
what the hell is a stobe?:huh:

pmip
12-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
what the hell is a stobe?:huh:

They are flashing lights. These are the ones I think HondaBoy has Click Me! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873996338). You drill little holes in the lights, place the colored bulbs in, and when you flick the switch, your lights flash that color.

Nospeed
12-10-2002, 05:26 PM
yeah, i get what mark is saying, what is a stRobe, not stobes...i dont know what a stobe is, but i know what a stRobe is :lol

pmip
12-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Nospeed
yeah, i get what mark is saying, what is a stRobe, not stobes...i dont know what a stobe is, but i know what a stRobe is :lol

Ok, that makes more sense. I couldn't believe someone wouldn't know what strobes were.:lol

ninja2571
12-10-2002, 06:23 PM
i have the dimond head lights with strobe, got a ticket for having them blue, like a cop , so now there just plain white

Neuspeed87lx
12-10-2002, 06:37 PM
i NEVER use them on the street...like i said ..only at car shows or parked at a friends house is when they come on

Defiant[YD]
12-10-2002, 07:27 PM
yah man, when u put the strobes on the exterior, don't use em while driving. just for shows. if cops tail u for having an after market muffler, what do u think they're gonna do when they see ur car with strobes?

mine were originally meant to be installed on the exterior, but since i wanted to use them everytime i was out at night, i decided to install them under my dash. it's still a risk, but not as big as installing them on the outside. it looks cool strobing blue on my "R" racing mats!!! woot!!! only thing i'm worried about now is my beatlight on the top of my center air vents.

HostileJava
12-11-2002, 01:30 PM
I mounted mine where the dome light is, took out the dome light, and use the switch that goes to the dome light to controll it.

HondaBoy
12-11-2002, 03:40 PM
hey wut kind of bulb do the H4 conversion headlights need. do they need specifically H4 blubs or can i run 9003? do any of yall have the H4 conversions. if so wut kind of bulb are u using?

dXsquared
12-11-2002, 04:28 PM
i just got my H4 conversion... and yah, u need H4... thats the style! it isnt like a color on anythin! i git some Toucan Eurolite glass hosing and some JAP HID style lights. i paid 65 canadian for all of it... i was at a car show, so i got them for cheaper! look online. some places have as low as 22 bux a pair for housing... but remember, u get what u pay for, and ur headlights are important.

Travis

HondaBoy
12-11-2002, 04:45 PM
oh ya i forgot to mention i got those H4 conversions. so i also need to know some good brands of lights to put in them.

Defiant[YD]
12-11-2002, 05:49 PM
best bulbs to get are from PIAA

HondaBoy
12-11-2002, 08:20 PM
thats wut my local shop told me 2day. the piaa lights are the best. they are also about $80 so i dont wanna spend that much right now. i called a few places and most of them didnt know much about the headlights. one guy seemed to know wut i was talkin about and he said the 9003 are the same as the H4. i went and took a look for myself and the filament and plug prongs are the same. also i saw some that said H4/9003 on the box. im gonna get some tomorrow and try em out. i hope they look better than the yellow glow of the sealed beams!!! i was supposed to get the headlights for christmas but my grandma who was going to buy them for me just gave me the money to get them. she said she didnt want bother going over there when i could. lucky me. well they were $108!!! i think that was toooooo much. but i have em now so im happy.

89AccordLXI666
12-11-2002, 08:26 PM
I did Have strobs on the blinker lights on the fenders, they looked real Phat at night, but now there damaged due to a car accident that I got into with my 3 gee, R.I.P. But yeah strobes are cool. Planning on getting more when I get my new 3 gee... Lataz

HondaBoy
12-12-2002, 07:56 PM
my strobes are looking cool. now i have my H4 coversion in and that is realy cool for the front of the car. i got the 9003 bulbs, not the H4. they worked the same and are the same watt. they look realy great compared to sealed beams. NO MORE YELLOW LIGHTS