PDA

View Full Version : 3G Jdm Headlight conversion (not flip up)

Chrome_thangs
12-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Check this out! http://www.spituning.com/jdm/parts.html I like the flip up better. Jdm looks like a long civic

pmip
12-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Yeah, the flip-ups are what makes our car so cool. I like a lot of jdm stuff, but I think we got the better lights imo.

86AccordLxi
12-09-2002, 10:14 PM
And for $1350, I definitely don't think it's worth it!

alex

Defiant[YD]
12-09-2002, 10:21 PM
looks like the legend....
i wouldn't mind it, after all, how many of those u see over here in NA?

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Well it would definitely be different here in the US, and the headlight washers are cool, but...

flippies OWN!! :super: :D

87AccordBoy
12-10-2002, 07:25 AM
ewwww for that ill put a civic front for 400 shit anyways flip lights is what makes our cars and have ya seen the accord concept i think its 2004 or 2005 new accord its fliplight and shit looks hot .

guaynabo89
12-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Honestly if the North American Accord would have come with those headlights I would not own one right now. The fixed headlights give the car an older look.

I do think the fixed headlights on the 2g lude look like a very nice improvement.

Blue Impact
12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Holy shit, and you could buy another 3G with that kinda money.

RobT5580
12-10-2002, 11:39 AM
I like the way Metro's car looks with them. I didnt care for them before but his car looks nice with them. But i like the flip ups better but its different and if im right the sides are clear already.

MoonScryer
12-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Looks like an overgrown Civic. Redshift (SPITuning) has had that front end forever and a day; they would probably take less for it, just to get rid of it.

Grant2k
12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
headlight washers are cool, but...

flippies OWN!! :super: :D
those are another thing you'll never use that will break and you'll never know it. if i were doing the conversion i would leave out the plumbing for them. and indeed, "flippies own."

safeel
12-11-2002, 08:01 AM
FLIPPIES ARE SHIT. MY HEADLIGHTS ARE THE BEST. mine ar the NORMAL lights not the wierd flip ups.
NON FLIPPIES ARE THE BEST.

Blue Impact
12-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by safeel
FLIPPIES ARE SHIT. MY HEADLIGHTS ARE THE BEST. mine ar the NORMAL lights not the wierd flip ups.
NON FLIPPIES ARE THE BEST.

Why you like to try some retracting ones?

Chrome_thangs
12-11-2002, 05:39 PM
:huh: Ya Right! They're sporty and unique!
Yours are boring and ugly!

pmip
12-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by safeel
FLIPPIES ARE SHIT

No, Flippies are THE shit!!!:D

HondaBoy
12-11-2002, 09:16 PM
yo MoonScryer, u said they might take less just to get rid of it. hahaha!!! i have already tried that. they said that the price was non-negotiable. set price. and the shipping was going to be about $600-$1300. i realy did like that front end but i just have to accept that the flip-ups are realy unique to our 3geez. i mean do u ever see flip-ups on anything other than a sports car or other 2 doors? i have the sealed beam conversion from toucan industries. i just got em 2day and still need the bulbs. NO MORE YELLOW DIM LIGHT SEALED BEAMS!!!

Tim Yoak
12-14-2002, 11:34 AM
:flipa: flippies always, that's what makes the car so different. Notice how bad they lookes on the nissan pulsar. They were just trying to copy honda. I once had a watch named pulsar different product same crap:flipa:

DarknessRS
12-20-2002, 12:20 AM
I still like the fixed headlights and would buy a set if I had money to throw around.

http://www.schneider-motorsport.de/bild8-1.jpg

http://www.schneider-motorsport.de/bild8-2.jpg

RCracer
12-20-2002, 03:58 AM
I had a set of the JDM fixed headlamps for sale.
In fact I had the whole front, plenty of people asking about them (same with the 86-87 JDM rear lamps) but no one bought them.
I still have from the JDM B20a parts car:-
Headlamps (fixed)
headlamp washers
Hood
Fenders (one with some damage)
Rear lamps & few other bits and peices.
They will end up getting thrown away as junk unless someone wants them. I know its the price of shipping the spoils it.

Tim Yoak
12-20-2002, 02:35 PM
:flipa: Sorry dude, I'm a flipper,always will be a flipper:flipa: I do like the in bumper tail lamps though, I'm building mself a set now

DarknessRS
12-21-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by AERODECKUK
In fact I had the whole front, plenty of people asking about them (same with the 86-87 JDM rear lamps) but no one bought them.
Headlamps (fixed)
headlamp washers
Hood
They will end up getting thrown away as junk unless someone wants them. I know its the price of shipping the spoils it.

I'm still interested :), PM me with all the prices, and I'll see how it may work into my budget.

-Rich

BMS
12-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Without pop-ups we wouldn't have a 3g. It woud be an early 4g.

Chrome_thangs
12-22-2002, 12:59 AM
What do the rear lamps look like? If they will fit my 89 coupe lxi I want them!

Tim Yoak
12-22-2002, 01:09 AM
They came from an 80s nissan wagon, somewhere on here they showed a jdm honda, I believe it was in the post fixed headlights, they look just like that . They were in the side of the rear bumper. What I liked about them is that when you install them in the rear bumper they are angled, so the housing fits the bumper curve, but the lamps are facing straight back. Here is the nissan part number IKI 5154 there weren't that many nissan wagons so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I am going to email you some pictures if it doesn't work on here send me e-mail adress and i will send through yahoo. Yea, they look just like the ones in the red jdm accord at the top of this post

Y3G
12-22-2002, 03:10 PM
i want the fixed lights!! i want to convert the front half in to a jdm accord

K DASH
12-23-2002, 12:01 AM
I guess it just depends on your taste, im not too big of a fan of flip lights but i got so used to my accord having them, i cant imagine my accord without them. Headlight conversion to regular beamed? No way.

DigitaLuminescence
12-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AERODECKUK
Headlamps (fixed)
headlamp washers
Hood
I'd buy from you, but the shipping IS mondo expensive... If i had the money, then i would. Then again, I might be going to the UK in a few months (I wonder if i could pack the components into the plane going back? The hood's prolly too big and heavy, though. Oh well.) I'll contact you if I do go, and if you still have the components and no one else has nabbed them.
Flippers are cool, but I want my Accy to look more JDM-ish.

Grant2k
01-09-2003, 12:20 PM
hey Paul, it would be cool to make an Aerodeck with fixed lights...eh?

Tim Yoak
01-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
hey Paul, it would be cool to make an Aerodeck with fixed lights...eh? It would look like one of those ugly 84 civics. The but ugly ones.

Grant2k
01-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Tim Yoak
It would look like one of those ugly 84 civics. The but ugly ones.
wow, it really really would look like that. i never thought of those. good call. and they weren't that ugly.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
01-09-2003, 03:21 PM
It would be nice if we could swap our gauge cluster for one of these!!

http://www.spituning.com/jdm/images/90-93integra-gauge.jpg

Chrome_thangs
01-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Tight! What do they come off?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
01-09-2003, 03:35 PM
90-93 Integra

Tim Yoak
01-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
wow, it really really would look like that. i never thought of those. good call. and they weren't that ugly. I owned a 81, that design was classic sports car, then in 84 they came up with that box on wheels. It would be cheaper to just buy one of those and rebadge it a jdm honda:lol I also owned a 73 civic, that was converted at the factory to left hand drive. it had a chain that ran from the drivers side to a sproket on the passenger side that was connected to the steering box. it also had rods from the pedals going under the dash to the passenger side where they connected. I wish I still had it it would be a collectors item. It also had a split hatch, the one where the top opened and the bottom swund down to reveal a little trunk. It was a 1200cc