PDA

View Full Version : The BEST HATCH interior color?

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Ok, so I've been thinking, and it seems that some like the Blue or Burgandy interiors. And at dead stock, I'm not a big fan of either, but I admit that with a little work, either of the Blue or Burgandy can look real sweet.

So what's your favorite color available for the hatch?

PS.. the reason for the different listings for LX-i and DX is b/c the LX-i was a velour and the DX was a plain fabric, and although listed as the same color, they had a different pattern and color.

bobafett
12-10-2002, 11:41 AM
of all "stock" interiors i have seen, i like the lx-i blue that i have the best, i didnt know that DX's came in black though, i would love to have a black interior, i am thinking about gutting it and just reveting(sp) anodized black aluminum in places, to make it look better while still losing a lot of weight... but that plan is a long ways off1 :)

RobT5580
12-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Im going on black because im converting to Black/white with two tone leather when my car is painted. It looks nice on the back panels that i did before with the white insert.

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
of all "stock" interiors i have seen, i like the lx-i blue that i have the best, i didnt know that DX's came in black though, i would love to have a black interior, i am thinking about gutting it and just reveting(sp) anodized black aluminum in places, to make it look better while still losing a lot of weight... but that plan is a long ways off1 :)

But here's the catch on the black (hatch) interiors. The black was ONLY available in the RED '88 DX Hatch. That's it. No other paint color, and not in LX-i. Just a RED '88 DX Hatch, of which was one of the most uncommon colors for the hatch in '88. Good luck!

dXsquared
12-10-2002, 01:51 PM
hahah... i want black! i have a blue inside and blue Lude seats!

Travis

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
hahah... i want black! i have a blue inside and blue Lude seats!

Travis

Join the club! I've got half of that so far. Mine's all black from doors back including rear carpet. I still have to find the front half. The dash is on it's way, but the carpet, seats and door panels are another story.

doug
12-10-2002, 04:46 PM
I like blue DX
http://87accord.com/image/carpet008.jpg

bobafett
12-10-2002, 06:43 PM
OMFG, my little brother has a GF who got kicked out of her house, and she's living with a friend who drives...... a RED DX hatch, and she hates it and says its REALLY UGLY... hmm, i should go see how the interior looks. i have always liked red hatches... too bad its DX.. :(

goldyaccord
12-10-2002, 07:36 PM
bobafeeeeeeeeett,

Are u dissin my car? its a DX! heheheh

I'm planning on changin my browny brown interior to black.

hondaman87
12-10-2002, 08:01 PM

hondaman87
12-10-2002, 08:02 PM
no body mentioned about grey on the dx models

hondaman87
12-10-2002, 08:19 PM
what do you guys think about silver car and black interior ?

pearldrop
12-11-2002, 09:04 AM
I like the grey interior in the LXi's the best. I think it is funny how everybody wants black interior in their cars and I try to get rid of my black interiors as soon as possible. I have black leather in the Cadillac, black in the Prelude, and I had black interior in both my CRX and my Civic.
I know I wouldn't want the black interior in the DX because it comes with cheap looking door panel and the seats aren't as nice. You would be much better off reupholstering the interior of an LXi to make it black.

Coroncho80
12-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Does gray leather count? :D

johndej
12-11-2002, 07:25 PM
i've got a burgandy like red lx-i hatch. now for the colors, are you talking the color of the car? or the carpet? cause mine has like tan colored carpeting.