PDA

View Full Version : Winter carb problems????

tightwhitelx
12-10-2002, 06:11 PM
i need some help
this is what is going on with my carb.

the past couple of mornings when i get up to go to work i warm my car up but when i try to start it i do the usual pump the gas twice and try and start but it wont start just keeps spinning i just had a brand new honda brand starter put on so i know it cant be that i sprayed some carb cleaner in about 6 weeks ago so im thinking its pretty clean. but when i do get it to start i have to push down on the gas about half way down and turn the key at the same time and then after a while it starts up. i am also noticing sometimes when i am driving my car jerks alittle bit like it wants to cut off just a few days ago i was driving and had my foot all the way down to the floor and m car was barely moving what could be my problem?

doug
12-11-2002, 05:37 AM
well you try to get a can of starting fluid and spray some down the carb. If it starts up quick then a good thing to check is the accelerator pump. You can check that by moving the throttle with the car off while looking down the primary barrel and see if a shot of gas is going coming out of the pump tube.

Neuspeed87lx
12-11-2002, 05:45 AM
fuel filters ?

A20A1
12-11-2002, 03:12 PM
PCV Valve or Hose?

advanracing62
01-15-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm having this issue as well, I was driving the other day and the car kept chugging and stalling on me. I'd pull over and it would be a pain to start. Now I've got her home and she won't start at all. I checked my carb, and that looks clean, I didn't see any vac. leaks, I sprayed some start fluid and it ran for about 4 sec. really crappy... I need to get this thing running so I don't have to drive my racer in the cold!!! The only thing that I can think of that I have not yet done is change out the rear fuel filter, drain/drop/celan the tank, and rebuild the carb... anyone?

A20A1
01-15-2003, 01:20 PM
You've got a Funky Choke

or
a loose Booster venturi.

The pic below shows the throttle linkage side of the carb:
There are 2 booster venturis inside the barrels and 1 holding screw for each booster on the left side of the carb.
The screw to the right in the pic is secondary booster which you should be able to tighten with little trouble.

shepherd79
01-15-2003, 02:35 PM
oh, i just want to add to what mike just said, to get to the primary ventury screw you will have to take the choke out. the secondary is easy to get to.

advanracing62
01-15-2003, 03:23 PM
I'll give it a shot.. I'm hoping that works... If I can get it to run longer than 4 sec. I'll pull it into my shop and have a more serious go at it. TIA!!!

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-16-2003, 10:26 AM
YEA I HAVE A FUNKY CHOCKE EVERYTIME I START MNY CAR-(its cold here) and is that normal?

advanracing62
01-16-2003, 04:01 PM
i checked the screws you told me to... they are tight. All the lines seemed to hooked up correctly, I'm going to change out that filter, otherwise what needs to be done? Looks to me like it's not getting fuel, I just change the fule pump last night, so I know it's not that... the filter was changed as well.. still nothing. :wtf: This car is going to the car lot as soon as I can get it down there....