PDA

View Full Version : New to forum. Help needed

boy onez
08-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum I own a 96 honda accord lx 2.2 4 cylinder non v-tec engine I've been having some issues I need help with figuring out.some time ago I had a alarm installed and after a while(few years) later there was an box hanging that was apaRt of the alarm which became irritating so I snacthed it out and threw it away the car still started after that not sure if this was before or after the problem started that I snacthed it out I noticed the car would start when it wanted or with a Jump so I changed the battery,ground cable and starter and it still would start when I wanted or with a jump or tapping the starter I had a mechanic that worked at my job look at it his diagnoses was that the alarm may be blocking the correct current from being sent to the starter he looked at the schemactics and checked the power given it would give correct current from the ignition but not on the starter side he re wired it back correctly as he says the car started months later the problem occurred again I took the starter out And took it back to the starter place I got it from and the guy gave me a new one I put it back in and it started up the guy at the starter place insists it's not the starter as per him a lot of older model cars have this problem and a mini universal relay made by bosch would have to be installed and would fix the issue not saying he's wrong or right just unsure! I recently took the starter out and had it tested at napa and it passed the test after I put the starter back in the car started now it won't I'm not the best at reading schemactics but I have the book for my model car with the schemactics I assume it has something to do the wiring from the alarm the mechanic from my job once again as he says he took all of the alarm wires out but I still see two wires twisted together wired into other wires on one end but not wired into anything on the other end which makes me think it has something to do with the alarm also I have a oil leak in which I was told is extremely rare to burn out a starter. I need help ????