PDA

View Full Version : High beam troubles on my 1993 Accord LX, passenger side only

fishervw
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I am new to Honda so this older car had to go through a major inspection and passed with flying colors EXCEPT a passenger high beam problem. Thought it would be just a quick fix however changed the bulb and nothing happened. Car won't pass certification without it. Don't have a dealer nearby and all the local shops say electrical and they will search for the problem. $$$$$$ Everything else works including the drivers high and low and passenger low beam. any suggestions to help diagnose?

Dan:idea:

lostforawhile
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM
did you check all four fuses? there are four under the dash, one for each filament, if its not the fuse, you need to check the wires where they bend when the light goes up and down, very common for the wires to finally fail

gp02a0083
09-03-2014, 08:49 AM
did you check all four fuses? there are four under the dash, one for each filament, if its not the fuse, you need to check the wires where they bend when the light goes up and down, very common for the wires to finally fail

check again , its a 4th gen.

IIRC from the factory there are only 2 fuses for the headlights, 20Amp fuses for the left and right sides, if I'm not mistaken should be fuse 37 & 38. however i don't think your problem is in that part of the circuit being that if it was up stream the lo beam on the passenger side would not work in addition to the high beam.

Dan this is how I would check the electrical system. First check the hi beam passenger side connector for any trash or corrosion of the contacts first. Then use a multimeter and test continuity from the Red/Orange wire on the passenger side high beam plug to the #38 20A fuse. If you got low resistance or continuity you should be ok there. If that checks out ok then probe the red/blue wire that is from that hi beam plug to the same red/blue wire from the driver side high beam see if you have low resistance or continuity.

lostforawhile
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
check again , its a 4th gen.

IIRC from the factory there are only 2 fuses for the headlights, 20Amp fuses for the left and right sides, if I'm not mistaken should be fuse 37 & 38. however i don't think your problem is in that part of the circuit being that if it was up stream the lo beam on the passenger side would not work in addition to the high beam.

Dan this is how I would check the electrical system. First check the hi beam passenger side connector for any trash or corrosion of the contacts first. Then use a multimeter and test continuity from the Red/Orange wire on the passenger side high beam plug to the #38 20A fuse. If you got low resistance or continuity you should be ok there. If that checks out ok then probe the red/blue wire that is from that hi beam plug to the same red/blue wire from the driver side high beam see if you have low resistance or continuity.i thought he was talking about a third generation

gp02a0083
09-03-2014, 10:00 AM
i thought he was talking about a third generation

it's in the dam title of the thread

j3wman
09-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Cb7tuner.com go there. Best place for 4th gen accords