PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this truck?

Vanilla Sky
09-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Great Datsun Truck (http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4654979597.html)

Due to a pending divorce, I'm in need of a vehicle. Don't worry, I'm keeping the 3gee, but I'm waiting a bit to rebuild it. For now, a small truck will suit me best.

I found this guy when I was looking for a Hardbody truck. My grandpa had one just like this one, even the paint was the same color. My intended uses are a Lowes Depot truck, and to tow a small boat on occasion. At first I thought parts would be hard to come by, but after some searching, everything I'd ever need seems to be readily available.

This truck would undergo a bit of "stockification", but I'd leave the Weber swap on there.

2oodoor
09-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Zthose are getting harder to find and it is a project, but is it ready to work? Can you give it the professional curb appeal needed for you line of work, how fast and how much will it take to get it there? Does it match the e.missions of a two stroke backpak blower?
Tough call, love the truck. STOCKIFICATION required, the fenders wouldnt look half bad if the rims had the offset to match. Paint or order original grill style

Vanilla Sky
09-09-2014, 07:18 AM
For now, we don't have enough yards to require 2 trucks. I really just need a light duty truck for hauling bikes, lumber, maybe the occasional engine. If it runs, drives, and stops, that's all I need.