PDA

View Full Version : help with !$#%@# leaky sunroof

gugumachi
05-18-2002, 10:35 AM
well i finally realized that that puddle on the floor in backseat wasn't from a friend spilling a drink, but rather from my sunroof drain holes. the back drains fine, but when i poured water down the front nothing happened. this has probably been going on for a while (the car sat for 4 months under a tree before i bought it), and that probably explains why my dash controls short out and i blow fuses. i'm scared to rip up the interior to see just how bad the damage is. has this happened to anyone else? what can i do?
:sadwave:

<edit> yes, i've read the faq and i know i can clear out the holes, but i'm more concerned with what damage the water has probably already wreaked </edit>

gugumachi
05-18-2002, 02:55 PM
anyone? (i feel like ben stein "bueller.... bueller...")

YK86
05-18-2002, 04:19 PM
If you get enough water under the seat, it could mess with the electrical stuff that's bolted down there. I would look at tthat stuff first and make sure to dry everything out.

AccordLX-i87
05-19-2002, 05:53 PM
do you keep your car parked on a hill? it used to happen to me when we used to live on a hill...if so, try to keep your car parked on a flat road or something