PDA

View Full Version : 3G becomes Water Ski..

markmdz89hatch
12-11-2002, 06:59 PM
NOT COOL AT ALL!!!

So I'm doin' like 65 down the Merritt Pkwy. on my way home from work tonight, car's running like shit (that's another post in tech.), and here comes a "wash" in the road. (best way to describe a "wash"... ..."a river runs through it") So I'm like "ok no prob, the coupe can handle this, I'm not going too fast at all". Then wooosh, I start skiing toward the guard rails, I cut the wheel to turn out... ...nothin... ...she keeps skiing. Finally with wheel cut almost full left, she grabs again. One prob. the wheel's turned WAY too far for that. So I save it, but do so while looking like a buss driver trying to pull a U-ie (think about the steering wheel).

..moral of the story:
It's more fun when you mean to do it. ...and almost NEVER use the brake in a situation like that.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
12-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Glad your still with us Marky

markmdz89hatch
12-11-2002, 07:06 PM
It's gonna take a lot more then just a ton of water to keep me off 3Geez! Thanks Mike!

Coroncho80
12-12-2002, 06:18 AM
That was like walk on the park for you man, you are da man! how r your tires Mark? maybe you need a set of good tire, specially with the snow comin'

PortugalHonda
12-12-2002, 08:02 AM
yeah ya r gonna need some new snow tires up there. I was there over Thanksgiving and the one night it was so nice n clear, I wake up the next mornign and I look at my fiance and I'm like WTF? There's like 4" of snow on the ground. Here in PA people freak if there's like 1 snow flake that's gettin ready to fall. They run out and get bread and milk right away.... In Mass. they just continue with their lives like it's nuthin..... PA to them is like Florida to us.

Grant2k
12-12-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by PortugalHonda
yeah ya r gonna need some new snow tires up there. I was there over Thanksgiving and the one night it was so nice n clear, I wake up the next mornign and I look at my fiance and I'm like WTF? There's like 4" of snow on the ground. Here in PA people freak if there's like 1 snow flake that's gettin ready to fall. They run out and get bread and milk right away.... In Mass. they just continue with their lives like it's nuthin..... PA to them is like Florida to us.
you must live in some crazy part of PA because nobody freaks like that in New Jersey unless it's gonna be like 8 feet. which it never is. i have relatives in mass and PA and we all view snow the same.

Blue Impact
12-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Whatever happens, just think of us here in California when you're all snowed in. The last time that snowed in my town was almost 13 years ago. The very last time I saw snow was almost a year ago. With that being said, be careful driving in the snow cuz 4 years ago I almost got into a head-on collision in the snow.

Coroncho80
12-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by PortugalHonda

For some weird freaking reason, he is 100% correct! ppl here in PA are stupid as hell. Last week we got like 8 inches and schools were close and ppl calling out of work and shit. :D

1989 DX R
12-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Get some mad l33t treads on your coupe. Go out snowing.

dosh8er
12-13-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Whatever happens, just think of us here in California when you're all snowed in. The last time that snowed in my town was almost 13 years ago. The very last time I saw snow was almost a year ago. With that being said, be careful driving in the snow cuz 4 years ago I almost got into a head-on collision in the snow.

that's cuz cali drivers don't know how to handle driving in the snow...

it may also have to do with the fact that warm climate roads aren't built like northern roads that experience snow.. roads up here are crowned and banked and shit, to help w/ melting/runoff/drainage/etc.

Grant2k
12-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by dosh8er
that's cuz cali drivers don't know how to handle driving in the snow...

it may also have to do with the fact that warm climate roads aren't built like northern roads that experience snow.. roads up here are crowned and banked and shit, to help w/ melting/runoff/drainage/etc.
i thought all roads were built crowned for drainage. the romans figured that out a long time ago.