PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with guages

redricer89
12-11-2002, 07:05 PM
Just recently did the white face guages, and they look awesome, but haveing trouble getting, them back in right. I can't get the fuel and the temp guage needles back in and i can't figure out where the white dangliy piece that is on top goes. It was screwed in , but not any more. Please help

:barf:

Neuspeed87lx
12-11-2002, 07:19 PM
the needles should go back in the same way the tach and the spedo do ... you just push them back in ... you didnt happen to break the little pin that holds the needle on did you ? and i dont know what the white dangily thing is ...lol

redricer89
12-11-2002, 07:28 PM
i sure is hell hope that i didn't break the needle off in both of them. This is gay
:stick: :werd: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip:

anchovies
12-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Next time don't take the needles out. Just slide the gauges through. Then you won't need tylenol

TREVOR
12-13-2002, 11:49 AM
Man I did the same thing and my fuel and temp gauges are all screwed up now. Everything else is working fine. I was able to put the needles back on but the temp is all the way up and I am not sure if the fuel needle is reading correctly. somebody help us.
:confused:

redricer89
12-16-2002, 06:16 PM
this is gay
nobody ever wants to help

pmip
12-16-2002, 06:30 PM
I broke my needles a couple of years ago, I ended up having to go to a junkyard and getting a whole new gauge cluster.

wckdonex
12-16-2002, 07:41 PM
if you get new cluster, slide fuel/temp over. I didnt remove any needles at all. NO PROBLEMS. the fuel/temp gauge had to be glued down.

Neuspeed87lx
12-16-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by redricer89
this is gay
nobody ever wants to help

no body ever wants to help ? :huh: ...when you take the needles off you have to put them back on in the same position they were in when you took them off. ... like if your gas guage was reading half a tank ...then you need to put the needle back on to read a half a tank

87accord
12-19-2002, 09:50 PM
Fill your tank with gas and push it up all the way. THe temp gauge needs to be at the bottom then turn car on and let it warm up and see if it moves and if it goes to high push it down to where it should be when ur car is warmed up. Also if u break any needles just go buy a cluster off ebay or junkyarrd and switch out the shit whats it called.... the thing with how many miles u got..--
oh well u can take that part off with a few screws and put it new the new cluster and then you would be good.!!!:)