PDA

View Full Version : Relocating the battery for cold air intake

redricer89
12-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Just wondering if someone could help me, or post a how to on relocating your battery when you do cold air intake:barf:

smufguy
12-11-2002, 09:48 PM
i have relocated the battery to the rear while my car is under construction for the whole mods list. anywayz, i got the box from summit racing cause it comes with everything and it ships in 3 days to ur house with ground shipping. the cables are 2 gauge for some weird reason so its gonna be a li hard to wrap them around anything, i got then running around the pass side floor under the mat scrwed and bolted in with some ghetto slyle screws. alwys remember to use the rubberized-undercoat to spray over the screws for a weatherproof seal.

cruznz
12-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
. the cables are 2 gauge for some weird reason .

voltage,electrical load and wire length ,3 important factors in determining wire size.

as wire length increases,...resistance increases,....this can cause the conductor to heat....excessive resistance can heat it to a point where the insulation could melt,...with dramatic results.....even where the battery is mounted usually,...cables are quite thick,.....
hope this sheds a little light....:smokin:

Johnny O
12-24-2002, 06:35 PM
Easy buy Moroso box ,comes with everything you need.Get a termial box for stereos and run cable from battery to it.Put everything from the positive termial on to it.